No endgame saves created (PC)

by SaneMembrane

Original Post

No endgame saves created (PC)

★ Novice

I've already gone through the official chat support and was referred to http://forum.bioware.com/forum/76-mass-effect/ which links back to here after going through 4 advisors in the EA support online chat. If you any of you can help me at all, it will come as sweet relief, believe me.

Operating system:

• Laptop name: Acer Aspire V3-551G
  • AMD Quad-Core Processor A10-4600M with a Processor speed of about 2.3 GHz
  • AMD Radeon HD 7660 + 7670M with 2GB VRAM
  • 8GB DDR3 Memory
  • Windows 7

Vending details:

• Bought the Mass Effect trilogy as a set on Origin based in Hong Kong, still playing in Hong Kong
  • On the PC only

Problem details:

• I've finished playing through ME1 but upon finishing the game and attempting to import my character save to ME2, I was unable to do so

• I checked whether the end-game save for my character was produced and it clearly wasn't

• I have re-installed the game (as well as Origin) and replayed from my last save about a dozen times, but nothing seems to be working

• I also tried playing a new character from beginning to end but still no endgame saves were created
Message 1 of 3 (259 Views)

Re: No endgame saves created (PC)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@SaneMembrane wrote:

• I've finished playing through ME1 but upon finishing the game and attempting to import my character save to ME2, I was unable to do so

• I checked whether the end-game save for my character was produced and it clearly wasn't

Have you first copied your ME1 save files using the ME2 config utility?

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Mass-Effect-2/PC-Importing-a-save-file-from-Mass-Effect-1/td-p/751184

The final save in ME1 is an autosave.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 3 (245 Views)

Re: No endgame saves created (PC)

★ Novice

I've tried to configure it many times but nothing is happening.

I figured that the endsave is automatic, but since ME2 can't import any characters and I can't find the 'char_' file in the saves folder, I'm quite sure that the endsave didn't trigger for some reason despite me finishing the game.

Message 3 of 3 (236 Views)