New PC

by Totondor

Original Post

New PC

★★★ Newbie

Hey I got a problem,

i have the Mass Effect Trilogy and I downloaded already but i got a new Pc but  i put the old harddrive in my new Pc with all my games and so on.

But now i have to download everything new or is there a way to take the games from my harddrive ?

Your Sincerely

Tobias Wolber

Message 1 of 2 (230 Views)

Re: New PC

Community Manager

@Totondor In some cases you can just slot in the new hard drive. Windows will ask you something to do with accessing the drive in the new machine, and will then run a process for some time. Once this competes you should have access to the files on the HDD. Access to the files doesn't mean that they're installed though.

Fortunately reinstalling content from local backups is pretty easy. In Origin you can click Origin in the top left, then Application Settings, then check the Advanced tab. At the top it will show the install location for any games on Origin. You can then move the full game folders to this location, usually C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games. 

Alternately you can  change this location to point to the folder that contains your game folders on your old HDD. Restart Origin and it should then detect and install the relevant games. I haven't tested this on a HDD from another machine though, so you might have issues. If that's the case then move the game folders to a default/alternate location and have Origin look there for the install. 

I hope this helps and I can give more info if you need it. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 2 (221 Views)