Betreff: Mouse clicking issue: Mouse is there, clicking doesn't work at all

by holger1405

Original Post

Mouse clicking issue: Mouse is there, clicking doesn't work at all

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I just bought the trilogy of this game but right after launching the game in full-screen I noticed I get my windows cursor (small white arrow). I thought it was funny at first because games usually change your cursor so it looks according to game. I could move my mouse yet clicking doesn't work at all, not in the main screen, not when creating your character, nothing.

I went back to the main menu and made it to Options > Configuration > peripherals and there's this option that says "Mouse: NO" so I turned it into "YES". My mouse appearance changed into a transparent looking mouse with a blueish outline.

But besides of being a fancy movable object it still won't click at all.

I've read a lot of "mouse issue" solutions out there so I decided to be as detailed as I could because non of these solutions has worked for me. I have nothing plugged in to my laptop except for my mouse/keyboard USB drive. It's a Genius mouse and it works on every game, every software, except this game.

I wonder if someone has had the exact same problem and also if anyone has found a solution that doesn't involve loggin into a new windows user account or using comodo antivirus or going from window mode to full screen and lowering graphics quality...

Here's a link to a video that shows the issue: https://youtu.be/HM803sWSnDA

My Laptop Specs

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4710MQ CPU @ 2.50GHz

Manufacturer: Intel

Speed: 2.5 GHz

Number of Cores: 4

Video Card 1: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M

Manufacturer: NVIDIA

Chipset: GeForce GTX 860M

Dedicated Memory: 4096 MB

Total Memory: 4.0 GB

Video Card 2: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600

Manufacturer: Intel Chipset Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600

Dedicated Memory: 112.5 MB

Total Memory: 4.0 GB

Memory: 16 GB

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (build 10586), 64-bit Service Pack 0 Size 64 Bit Edition  

Display Maximum Resolution: 1920 x 1080

DVD: TSSTcorp CDDVDW SU-208FB CD TSSTcorp CDDVDW SU-208FB

Drive 1  

Size: 931.4 GB

Free: 691.3 GB

Drive 2  

Size: 237.5 GB

Free: 134.2 GB

I FOUND A KIND OF LAME SOLUTION

Go to your origin app, then right click the game, choose properties of game and check the option "Deactivate Origin for this game". After doing this, everything worked properly. Don't ask me why it's working after that. I guess EA just fails at things Standard smile

Message 1 of 4 (1,187 Views)

Akinichi schrieb:going from window mode to full screen and lowering graphics quality...

So does it work in full screen mode? Windows Mode is often the trigger for a lot of issues, games usually are programmed for exclusive or normal full screen mode.

Furthermore, I can't see why you have to lower graphics quality in full screen mode, your Laptop shouldn't have any problems with this game at all.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 2 of 4 (1,168 Views)

★ Novice

It doesn't work no matter what I do... If you saw the video, the same happens in full screen mode. I also tried the Origin option "Repair game" and it's still the same

Message 3 of 4 (1,158 Views)

Go back to your in game settings, disable "Hardware Mouse" also disable "windowed mode".

exit the game, exit Origin, restart Origin and then the game > test

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 4 of 4 (1,150 Views)