Re: Mass effect 1 wont launch/launcher file not in folder

by Sergant_Shotgun

Original Post

★★ Novice

When I try to apply a patch DLed from a site Origin tech help sent me it says 'Mass Effect Cannot Be Found' but I'm sitting here looking at it right now so I have no idea what the problem is.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled the game. 

Message 11 of 13 (1,362 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Had the same problem as all the others.

The solution was already mentioned, I am just posting this, so those looking for an answer in the future, do realize the answer is in here:

installed the game from origins without a problem (it was a trilogy package)

when you start the game it immediately says 'mass effect has stopped working'

the famous pach, that gets recommended everywhere only said it did not find mass effect

reinstalled, same problem - I realized that indeed there did not seem to be a mass effect\binaries folder - which you might call a huge deal.

the steam authorization tricks did not help of course,

but running origin as administrator and starting the game from there did the trick!

have fun!

Message 12 of 13 (822 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you Schwammmath

reading the part of "but running origin as administrator and starting the game from there did the trick!" also missed me Oops

anyway's my problem didnt give an error message, its just didnt work.

It took me more than "a while" too find this thread, mainly because i was typing the word "start" insteed of "launch", im no frequent visitor on forum's but pin this thread, would most likely satisfy ALOT of untold/(not written in forum) frustriated player's, but that´s my "guees" on this subject.

once again

THANK YOU Schwammmath

For leaving this for me too find Large smile

kind regards

"a no longer frustraitet mass effect fan" player

Message 13 of 13 (427 Views)