Re: Mass Effect saves wont load

by hauntergeist

Original Post

Mass Effect saves wont load

★★ Novice

It has been a very long time since i tried to play mass effect so decided to give it a go, but i did not get very far. None of my save file will load, instead i get a prompt saying "Selected save game could not be loaded. Downloadable content missing. Module(s) in question: Bring Down the Sky, Pinnacle Station"

The thing is, I have never purchased or downloaded any DLC for this game. I've searched around on here and elsewhere online and I have found posts from people with similar problems, and the solution is always the same.....get the needed DLC.

I search online and through Origin but I cannot find the DLC available for download anywhere.

Message 1 of 3 (1,488 Views)

★★ Novice

bump

any help out there??

Message 2 of 3 (1,436 Views)

★ Novice

Hello,

as far as I know, the DLCs "Bring Down the Sky" and "Pinnacle Station" are already part of Mass Effect 1 if one downloads and installs the game via Origin. Check with MassEffectConfig.exe that the version of the game is 1.02. In your Mass Effect folder there should be a DLC folder with DLC_UNC (BDtS) and DLC_Vegas (PS), source: Free DLC.

I had the same problem as you. In order to test whether something broke your save games or whether it is a problem of the game itself, create a test character, start the career, save it, leave it and try to load it again. The solution for my problem was to completely re-install Mass Effect 1 via Origin and playing around with the compatibility mode of MassEffect.exe (currently set to Win XP SP2). Unfortunately, I cannot find the original link where someone hinted that adjusting the compatibility mode does the trick. Afterwards I started the game, checked that "Bring Down the Sky" and "Pinnacle Station" appear in the Options/DLC section and tried to load a career which worked just fine.

Hope it works for you too! Good luck!

Message 3 of 3 (1,363 Views)