Re: Mass Effect lwon't continue after character creation. Left floating in red environment.

by Fred_vdp

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Mass Effect lwon't continue after character creation. Left floating in red environment.

★★ Novice

I've uninstalled and reinstalled 3 times but it's always the same. I have it set to XP Service Pack 3, running as admin and every other common fix to problems and yet it just will not go to the opening cinematic. I don't have any mods installed and have a very good PC so hardware limitation isn't the issue.

Message 1 of 6 (434 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Mass Effect lwon't continue after character creation. Left floating in red environment.

Hero

Settings are stored in Documents - BioWare - Mass Effect - Config. I believe this doesn't get deleted when the game reinstalls. Maybe you should try deleting BIOEngine.ini. This will force the game to reset its settings.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

View in thread

Message 4 of 6 (451 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Have you tried reinstalling the game?

Message 2 of 6 (433 Views)

★★ Novice

Yes, I've done it twice but it hasn't changed anything. It seemed to remember all my setting options despite being uninstalled. Is that normal or am I not deleting it completely and could be part of the problem?

Message 3 of 6 (425 Views)

Hero

Settings are stored in Documents - BioWare - Mass Effect - Config. I believe this doesn't get deleted when the game reinstalls. Maybe you should try deleting BIOEngine.ini. This will force the game to reset its settings.

Message 4 of 6 (452 Views)

★★ Novice

That seems to have worked! Thank you very much for your help.Standard smile

Message 5 of 6 (416 Views)

Hero

You're welcome.

To be honest, I was guessing. Glad it happened to be the solution. Standard smile

Message 6 of 6 (414 Views)