Mass Effect loading problems

by ghar2013

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Mass Effect loading problems

★★★ Newbie

Hi

I just purchased and downloaded Mass Effect 2008.

I'm on Windows XP and based in the UK.

When I hit play, I get the following error message window "Failed to compile global shader FDOFAndBloomGatherFallbackPixelShader"

Can you help me solve this problem please?

Thanks

Gerard

Message 1 of 4 (1,891 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Mass Effect loading problems

★★★★★ Expert

It's probably beyond our area of suggestions for fixes.  If it's what it appears to be, your computer is just way too old now.  The program demands Shader 3 graphics compliance.  Every video solution from the last three years or so has complied (most were in compliance six years ago, but Intel lagged way behind).  Chances are you have a PC with one of those Intel video chips that won't work, and you have a laptop.  Laptops are disposable devices with short lives.  They cannot be properly upgraded and become obsolete rapidly. 

If you have a desktop PC with a seven year old real graphics card, your CPU is too old and too slow, even if you can find a more up to date GPU to fit that old of a desktop. 

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (2,115 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Expert

It's probably beyond our area of suggestions for fixes.  If it's what it appears to be, your computer is just way too old now.  The program demands Shader 3 graphics compliance.  Every video solution from the last three years or so has complied (most were in compliance six years ago, but Intel lagged way behind).  Chances are you have a PC with one of those Intel video chips that won't work, and you have a laptop.  Laptops are disposable devices with short lives.  They cannot be properly upgraded and become obsolete rapidly. 

If you have a desktop PC with a seven year old real graphics card, your CPU is too old and too slow, even if you can find a more up to date GPU to fit that old of a desktop. 

Message 2 of 4 (2,116 Views)

★★★ Newbie

ok, thank you.

Message 3 of 4 (1,882 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same problem right now. Was playing without problem and suddenly game freezed and then crashed. The same message appeared when I tried to start the game, after repairing. I'm using an i5 6300, nvidia 950 and W10, so no problem with the game requirements.

Message 4 of 4 (888 Views)