Re: Mass Effect - change language

by Fred_vdp

Original Post

Mass Effect - change language

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Greetings,

I have recently purchased Mass Effect 1, 2, and 3 with the offer you're advertising.

The only problem is that the games were downloaded and installed in italian; I wish to play in English, and even though I could change the language on ME3 with the in-game option and on ME2 with the data config change, I couldn't find a way to switch from IT to EN when it comes to Mass Effect 1 upon downloading the game from Origin.

Is there any way you can help me?

edit: nevermind, solved. 

\Origin Games\Mass Effect\BioGame\Config\defaultengine.ini, change language from whatever it's set to INT. Done. Yay.

Sincerely,

myself

Message 1 of 12 (63,568 Views)

Community Manager

Thanks for coming back to us with your solution! Confusedmileyvery-happy:

Your friendly neighbourhood forum admin.

spectre.png
Message 2 of 12 (63,143 Views)

★★★ Novice

I had the same problem and I didn't find the language so I could set it.Could you tell me how to do it , please?

Message 3 of 12 (62,305 Views)

★★ Novice

Change this:

[Engine.Engine]
Language=INT

Message 4 of 12 (51,595 Views)

★★★ Newbie

okay but i still don't crearly understand how to change the language i just buy the game and i dont really wanna play it in french

Message 5 of 12 (47,771 Views)

Hero

@Milla_Kresnik wrote:

okay but i still don't crearly understand how to change the language i just buy the game and i dont really wanna play it in french

I think the explanation given in this thread should suffice. Anything in particular that's not working?

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 6 of 12 (47,559 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

What if some part of the game cannot change language and the load game can't be load because of this?

Message 7 of 12 (26,041 Views)

[ Edited ]

@ZimJack-0

What language are we talking about?

What System?

If PC Steam, Origin or Disk version?

Normally all parts of the game must have the same language to function.

Save games made in one language will not load if you change to a different language.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 8 of 12 (26,025 Views)

★ Novice

I'm playing Mass Effect 2 from Origin. I mean, I'm actually playing ME1 on Italian language, but I realize that the dubbing is not that good, so I wanted to set English Audio and Subs on the next chapters (both ME 2 and 3). I've reinstalled ME 3 in English, but my ME 2's installation discs encounter some errors, so I had to download-Install it from Origin. But I did not decided yet to swap from ITA to INT language. So... Is there any way to swap the language, even if I didn't start a new game, without making errors on the game?

Message 9 of 12 (26,019 Views)

[ Edited ]

@ZimJack-0

What I wrote was relevant to ME1, cause this is the ME1 thread.

If I recall correctly you shouldn't have any problems with the save games if you change the language in ME2 and 3.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 10 of 12 (25,978 Views)