Mass Effect Trilogy doesn't come with a product key

by Zanyotaku

Original Post

Mass Effect Trilogy doesn't come with a product key

★★ Novice

So I bought the Mass Effect trilogy and was very excited to play it, but I can't install it because I have to find some sort of product key, the problem is that there was no key included in my game. Just an empty sleeve that looked like it should have had a guide or manual or something in it. I've had it sitting around for a while and I'm not sure I can get a refund, but I honestly and truly did buy the trilogy! Am I just going to have to spend ANOTHER $60 to play the trilogy and buy a game that comes with a product code!?!

Why can't the codes be included somewhere on the disk? Confusedmileysad: that's why I BOUGHT a disk! So I wouldn't have problems like this! *sigh*

Message 1 of 3 (820 Views)

Re: Mass Effect Trilogy doesn't come with a product key

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Ummmm...  there's a simple solution.  Return the defective (incomplete) product to the place of purchase for a replacement or a refund.

(Kinda' like you'd do with anything else.)

That said, what was the place of purchase?  If on-line, it's possible that the vendor sent the key in an email, either as part of the order confirmation or as a separate one.

Message 2 of 3 (816 Views)

Re: Mass Effect Trilogy doesn't come with a product key

★ Novice

I have the same problem. and the shop where its bought doesnt take unsealed games back as far you could have removed it.
So you cant prove there was no key and they dont exchange it.

Message 3 of 3 (496 Views)