Mass Effect Trilogy Wont Start at All

by iamdemagon

Original Post

Mass Effect Trilogy Wont Start at All

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice
VIDEO CARD
Minimum: NVIDIA GeForce 6 series (6800 GT or better), ATI X1300 XT or better (X1550, X1600 Pro and HD2400 are below minimum system requirements) You Have: AMD Radeon R9 200 Series: Features: Minimum attributes of your Video Card     Required You Have 3D Yes Yes Hardware T&L Yes Yes Pixel Shader version 3.0 5.0 Vertex Shader version 3.0 5.0
CPU
Minimum: 2.4+ GHz Intel or 2.0+ GHz AMD. You Have: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4690K CPU @ 3.50GHz 
CPU SPEED
Minimum: 2.4+ GHz Intel or 2.0+ GHz AMD You Have: 3.5 GHz Performance Rated at: 8.05 GHz    
RAM
Minimum: 1GB RAM (XP)/2GB Ram (Vista) You Have: 3.6 GB   
OS
Minimum: Windows XP / Vista / 7 You Have: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 32-bit 
FREE DISK SPACE
Minimum: 12 GB You Have: 310.4 GB     
SOUND CARD
Minimum: Yes You Have: AMD High Definition Audio Device    
DIRECTX VERSION
Minimum: 9.0c You Have: 11.0    

I have the games and the Origin launcher on an external as I only have 1 120GB SSD drive atm. The Origin launcher runs great, but anytime I attempt to run Mass Effect 1, 2 or 3 I get the following Messages: 

We're sorry, an error has occured

We are unable to connect to EA servers to activate Mass EffectTM on this computer using your account. Please try again later.

We are unable to connect to EA servers to activate Mass Effect 2TM on this computer using your account. Please try again later.

We are unable to connect to EA servers to activate Mass Effect 3TM on this computer using your account. Please try again later.

I have located the applications, attempted to run them in compatibility mode, run as Administrator, send shortcut to desktop you name it. And still it refuses to work. I have even ensured there is an exception on my firewall and Anti Virus allowing it through and still no go.

Any help would be appreciated. And yes I installed it on my C:/ drive and got the same message originally, so tried my secondary drive and have installed the game then reinstalled it to see if that helped and still nothing.

Also I already read the link regarding Mass Effect and the patch saying if it is older than July 2009 to patch it...the version I have is from 11/13/2012

Message 1 of 4 (392 Views)

Re: Mass Effect Trilogy Wont Start at All

Hero

For some reason, the game's can't be activated due to a connection issue. If possible, try a different connection, for instance a phone's 3G network.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 4 (373 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have try three different ISP network and it still can't work. Can EA provide an easy way to solve this kind of issue? 

Message 3 of 4 (364 Views)

★★ Novice

If there is no way to activate these games, then I want my money back. I mean I can not even play them until they are activated which seems highly unlikely now. Games are defective if they dont work at all

Message 4 of 4 (351 Views)