Re: Mass Effect Trilogy DVD's Wont Install on PC.

by holger1405

Original Post

Mass Effect Trilogy DVD's Wont Install on PC.

★★★ Novice

I have the 2 DVD Retail version of Mass Effect 2 which I have installed and enjoy playing.

I thought I would buy the Mass Effect Trilogy so I could install and play ME1 and ME 3. So, I bought the Mass Effect Trilogy Game  DVD's from Amazon.co.uk.

I cannot install them to my PC as standalone Games without the Origin Client. This means i can only play them with Origin. I have only tried Mass Effect 1 DVD for now. The DVD has Autorun.exe and Setup.exe with a Origin Icon.

Is  there any way I can get them to install as standalone Games to play without Origin?

Thanks Standard smile

I am running a Windows Ten Pro 64 Desktop PC with 2GB RAM, AMD Phenom X4 9600B, 1024MB ATI AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series (Sapphire/PCPartner).

Message 1 of 4 (889 Views)

@JDF2012

No, the trilogy is bound to run with Origin.

You should be able to install from the DVD regardless after you installed Origin.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 2 of 4 (872 Views)

★★★ Novice

I can't it wont let me all that comes up is Origin. There is no Game Icon in the Start Menu for ME1.

Message 3 of 4 (859 Views)

@JDF2012

Is the Game already registered to your account?

If so set Origin to offline mode > go to the "Game library" > Click "Download" > Origin should detect the Disk and should start to installing from it. 

If Origin prompts you to go online, deactivate you network adapter completely,  (pull the plug or disable it in the Windows device manager.) and try again.

If that don't works run the Setup.exe on the Disk as Administrator.

Should the Game not be in your "Game library", redeem the code in Origin (menu top left corner > redeem product code.

Then go to line two of this post. 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 4 of 4 (849 Views)