Re: Mass Effect Missing .exe bug

by ldsguy01

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Mass Effect Missing .exe bug

★★★ Newbie

Hello everyone and thank you for reviewing my post.

So I am aparently one of the people suffering from the bug where Mass Effect does not download an .exe. I have tried the following solutions.

-run in compatability mode

-run as administrator 

-uninstall and reinstall both origin and mass effect multiple times (what great tech support EA has, right?)

-use notepad to make a blank .exe and then update it with the 1.2 patch. Launched, but will not accept my registration code. I contacted EA and had a new code issued to me, but this code does not work either. 

EA tech support is totally unhelpful. None of the solutions listed in the many forums on this issue fixed the problem. I really don't know what to do. Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 2 (277 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Newbie

Um...not sure what I did...in a last ditch effort I tried to repair the game again and it just launched...

I guesswhat I did was I made the "fake" .exe in notepad, patched the game, then repaired it.

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (293 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

Um...not sure what I did...in a last ditch effort I tried to repair the game again and it just launched...

I guesswhat I did was I made the "fake" .exe in notepad, patched the game, then repaired it.

Message 2 of 2 (294 Views)