Re: Mass Effect Freezing at the END!!! - PS3

by ag0nar

Original Post

★★★★★ Newbie

This work for me (sorry for the english, i'm italian):

I got 2 crash, so i read so much topics about this issue, so i tried to pause before the final battle:

set the difficult to the easiest

turn off all the graphic effect (blur...)

and killed saren with no so much graphic effects (only shoot with my rifle).

... and really i set on my ps3 some medical ice gel with a shirt, to make it cool...

it worked.

but it's a really bad bug, shame on support.

Message 21 of 27 (1,606 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Just changing the graphical settings worked fine for me, no need tochange to casual or reinstalling. 

Message 22 of 27 (1,532 Views)

★★★ Newbie
The trick is to put it on casual before the fight. That way you finish the battle before the game has time to lag. The higher the difficulty the more it will lag and freeze.
Message 23 of 27 (1,467 Views)

★★ Novice
I literally just finished playing ME1 on my PS3 and also experienced it freezing three times. Once while fighting Saren before it even got to the mid-fight cutscene, another time during that cut scene, and the last time was during the fight again. I was playing as an adept on veteran and was not about to go to an easier difficulty for the final fight. I read somewhere to avoid using powers during the fight and that actually worked for me. It was a pain seeing as powers are kind of the point of being an adept. Wrex and Garrus both still used their powers so it seemed like a Shepard exclusive thing so I would try that before erasing, reinstalling, or changing the difficulty of your game.

The biggest question I have is why hasn't this been addressed? The Trilogy came out two years ago. I just bought it a few months ago and just now had time to play it and two years after it's initial release this is still a game killing issue for a lot of people.
Message 24 of 27 (1,442 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I too got the three disc set and was totally disappointed with the way it hanged. I just adjusted my visual settings to intermediate settings and combat difficulty casual. I also didn't use any powers, just let my crew do that. Switched weapons a couple of times after they overheated. But worked for me and now about to start ME2
Message 25 of 27 (1,338 Views)

★★★ Novice

Grazie della dritta, I hope it will work... Going to try the ice thing too so much I'm frustrated...

Really shame on Bioware for not trying to sort it out!

Ciao!

Message 26 of 27 (678 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thank Agonar!!!

I was eventually able to arrive to the end of the game thanks to your suggestion...

I was a bit more DIY... I PUT SOME FROZEN FOOD ON TOP OF THE CONSOLE while shooting Saren only with the basic gun (after have put the level to Casual and reduce all graphics).

Now, i have to say, I tried first with Irish lamb burgers box... didn't work...

I tried then with frozen green beans and frozen chicken... Eureka!! It worked, maybe the console is a healthy food type :-)

So, frozen food to cool it down, basic weapon, lower graphic rate and playing NON STOP (avoiding going to the pause menu) worked for me!

Shame on BW tough! Together with writing "NOT TO BE SOLD SEPARATELY" on he Trilogy case they should have add "VOUCHER INSIDE FOR GROCERY SHOP" :-(

Thank Agonar and all he others that gave tips to let me finish the game.

Exported character to ME2 and I'm so excited since already looks amazing...

Bella!

Message 27 of 27 (659 Views)