Re: Mass Effect Crash to Desktop in Zhu's Hope

by holger1405

Original Post

Mass Effect Crash to Desktop in Zhu's Hope

★★★★★ Newbie

So, Summer Sale and what not kicked up with Steam and decided to see what all the hype is for Mass Effect and what not and picked em up. Gotta say love em. Poured 12 hours in the first day. (Sad I know). I am now at Feros. People seem to be having problems with this planet but not quite having any solutions or is not quite the same issue as me. I get to the planet. Kill some Geth talk to the head guy go down and start all the water pumps, kill the geth radar thing, and the pack of dogs where that crashed ship is, Start to head back to Zhu's Hope but as I am going down the stairs or right in front of the main guys office it crashes to desktop. I have tried quite a few things. I have verified game files, ran it at the possibly lowest settings it can go, reinstalled, load earlier save, downloaded a the latest patch off the site, but still I am just crashing in the exact same spot. Any Suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated or even just saying you have the same issue might be helpful.Attached my DxDiag. I do own this game on Steam and not Origin. Also attached a Windows description of the problem. Thanks. 

Message 1 of 2 (571 Views)

Re: Mass Effect Crash to Desktop in Zhu's Hope

Hi @Wi11iam142

The Exception code in the Reliability Monitor file for ME is an access violation code. 

So do the Bios upgrade and test.

If that not helps, download the Patch from here. and install it. > restart and test.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 2 of 2 (552 Views)