Re: Mass Effect 1

by cook0180

Original Post

Mass Effect 1

★ Novice

I bought the Mass Effect trilogy online.  I have successfully downloaded and started play on Mass Effect 2 (I haven't downloaded Mass Effect 3 yet), and I have downloaded Mass Effect 1 successfully.   However Mass Effect 1 will not start.  There is no error message that accompanies the non start so I have no idea what is happening.

Windows 7 is what I am using.  Any help would be appreciated as I would like to play these in order.  Thanks.

Message 1 of 7 (505 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Does someone have any solutions for this? I am having the same issue as well.

Message 2 of 7 (460 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having the same issue and I am using Windows 7..

I played Mass Effect 3 Demo. After I bought Mass Effect 1, 2 and 3 sepatately (not as a trilogy). The download of Mass Effect 1 was succsessful. Now I can not start Mass Effect 1 and there is no error message. But Origin says that I already played today.

Message 3 of 7 (447 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had the same issue. I resolved it after choosing the option "launch the file as an administrator" on the file MassEffect.exe in windows.

Message 4 of 7 (438 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks a lot! It works.

Message 5 of 7 (423 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Does anyone have another solution? The "run as admin" still isn't working for me Frown

Message 6 of 7 (365 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I ended up having to adjust the program's properties so that it would run in compatibility mode for Windows XP and then run it as an administrator.

Message 7 of 7 (334 Views)