Mass Effect 1 wants me to download Directx 9.0c?

by VaraChan333

Original Post

Mass Effect 1 wants me to download Directx 9.0c?

★ Novice

Hello, so I was playing Mass Effect 1 perfectly fine the last few weeks, and when i went to play tonight I got the message "Please install DirectX 9.0c or alter (see Release Notes for instructions on how to obtain it)". I have DirectX 11 and have run diagnostics on it through the DirectX diagnostics tool and nothing was wrong there. I've never had to change my settings otherwise to play ME1 on my Windows 7 PC so I'm not sure what happened. Any advice at all would be great!

Message 1 of 4 (3,190 Views)

Re: Mass Effect 1 wants me to download Directx 9.0c?

★ Novice

I've got the same problem. For me the solution arrived when I've runned the program in the compatibility mode (go to mass effect .exe file, right click, and set it to compatibility with 'windows xp serv pack 3'.

With that i was able to run the game. But now i can't load my saves...

Best of luck, anyways...

Message 2 of 4 (3,183 Views)

★ Novice

I tried and I"m still getting the same directX9 message. Should I try re-installing it?

Message 3 of 4 (3,179 Views)

★ Novice

OK I GOT IT TO WORK!

After sitting down and talking to an EA chat person, and going through a bunch of different troubleshooting with Origin and DirectX....the solution was VERY * SIMPLE! Just go into your Origins in game settings and disable the "origin in game" overlay. Worked like a * charm.

Message 4 of 4 (3,172 Views)