Mass Effect 1 still not working after tried everything posted on the internet

by IFatihI

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Mass Effect 1 still not working after tried everything posted on the internet

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Hello. So i am actually trying to solve this problem since yesterday and wasted now more than 20 hours.

I was also connected yesterday two times with the technical support, their solutions does not help me.

I bought Mass Effect Trilogy . Mass Effect 2 + 3 works fine.

When i click on "install" for Mass Effect 1, after 10 15 seconds nothing happens and it again says

"install". So i cannot install via origin.

Then i go to Origin Games/Mass Effect/Binaries folder to start the game via exe. When i run the

exe it wants a registry code from me. I enter the key i have and also the key which i can see under

"game characteristics" of Mass Effect 1 in Origin. That also does not work.

It does not accept the key. So i downloaded the game via origin 4 times and uninstalled, it does not work.

I uninstalled via Revo Uninstaller and install again (technical support told me that to do), it does not work.

I downloaded the game via safety download mode (technical support told me that to do) and also the same problem.

So yesterday the two technical support guys told me these 2 methods will definitely work but it does not.

Also tried everything with the patch and selfcreating Launcher etc. Nothing works.

Today i called the technical support again via mobile phone. They deleted Mass Effect 1 from my account and gave me another key for ME 1 and added it back it my account. So i again deleted the game via Revo Uninstaller, cleaned my SSD, restart, download again the game via origin and still not working. What now?

Message 1 of 11 (1,220 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Mass Effect 1 still not working after tried everything posted on the interne

[ Edited ]

@IFatihI

At this point I would recommend to create a new user account (Admin) > reboot > log on to the new account and test the installation there.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson

View in thread

Message 9 of 11 (1,305 Views)

All Replies

Re: Mass Effect 1 still not working after tried everything posted on the internet

Community Manager

@IFatihI

Can you please let us know if the following procedure helps you play ME1:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Mass-Effect-1/Patch-1-02-Implementation-Not-Found-Error-Run-as-Admin-doesn-...

Thanks.

barry.png
Message 2 of 11 (1,197 Views)

Re: Mass Effect 1 still not working after tried everything posted on the interne

★★★★ Novice

Hello, no that does not work. I have already tried every solution posted on this forum. Nothing helps.

Message 3 of 11 (1,191 Views)

@IFatihI

Please try this.

- Uninstall all Mass Effect files again.

- Clean the Registry with CCleaner.

- Afterwards use "Regedit" to navigate to this key: "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Electronic Arts\Electronic Arts" and make sure that there is no "mass effect (tm)\ergc" entry under that key.

- reboot.

- Try the installation again.

Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Message 4 of 11 (1,182 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Also did that. Also did the trick with changing the value of the key in registry, no effects. I really have tried everything posted on the forum.

Since 2 days i cannot connect to the EA Chat, it just dont show me the Chat option.

Message 5 of 11 (1,178 Views)

@IFatihI

So you deleted the "\mass effect (tm)\ergc" entry and it still wont install?

Please also delete the "Mass Effect" key from "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\BioWare" (Both must be gone.)

Make a backup of the key's before you delete them.

Did you tried the installation under a different Windows user account?

Did you tried to clear your Origin cache?

Did you tried a clean re-installation of Origin?

Did you tried to install the 1.02 patch by hand?

As for the chat problem:

Restarting the router, changing the region to English (if not already set this way), changing Browsers, disabling add-ons especially anti-script and ad-block software or the windows firewall and the virus scanner for the contact attempt could help.

Here is an EA contact guide.

If all this fails and call becomes the only option, you can use a Voice-Over-IP service like Skype, Viber, or Google Voice for this call to reduce the cost. Just put your location in the Voice-Over-IP service to UK. (UK number  +44 203 0141818 (Available 9AM-9PM GMT, Monday through Saturday)

More international Telephone numbers:

UK: +44 203 0141818
France:  +33 4 81 68 08 08
Spain: +34 911 230 490
Germany +49 221 37 050 193
Austria: +43 720  88 33 49
Mexico: +52 33 4770 5297
Norwegian:  +47 21 08 17 06
Dutch: +31 20 80 83 219
Swiss  +41 225 18 10 05

Poland  +48 22 39 70 840

Message 6 of 11 (1,167 Views)

★★★★ Novice

So i will give it a last try. I uninstalled the game now with Revo Uninstaller. I checked that in regedit there are no entries in BioWare and Electronic Arts section. Just the entries for Mass Effect 2 and 3 exist.  Then i cleaned registry with Ccleaner. I restarted. I know launched Origin and download ME 1 again.

"Did you tried the installation under a different Windows user account?"

No. I use Win 7 Pro and have only 1 account (admin)

"Did you tried to clear your Origin cache?"

Yes.

"Did you tried a clean re-installation of Origin?"

Not like in the linked description.

"Did you tried to install the 1.02 patch by hand?"

Yes.

Message 7 of 11 (1,161 Views)

★★★★ Novice

So the download is finished. Again it does not install the game. When i run the exe as administrator, origin opens and says "the game is not installed". In the MassEffectConfig it says:

ME.exe v1.02

MELauncher.exe empty

MEConfig.exe v1.02

Uninstall ME.exe v1.03

There is also no Launcher in the Binaries folder. I did not patch anything after this clean install.

Message 8 of 11 (1,154 Views)

[ Edited ]

@IFatihI

At this point I would recommend to create a new user account (Admin) > reboot > log on to the new account and test the installation there.

Message 9 of 11 (1,306 Views)

★★★★ Novice

OH - MY - GOD. That worked! I created a new admin account, opened origin and clicked "install" and it worked. I logged in back to my main windows account and i can play now. 2 days of work and the solution is such a thing like that. Crazy. Thanks!

Message 10 of 11 (1,143 Views)