Mass Effect 1 saferun.exe/dll problem

by parth192

Original Post

Mass Effect 1 saferun.exe/dll problem

★★★ Newbie

Respected Friends,

I am Parth and actually I have a problem since long.I purchased a disc of Original Mass Effect 1 from a Game store and I decided to play it after my exams are finished.So after my exams were finished,I was very,very eager to install the Mass Effect 1 on my PC.So one day I began to install it.As soon as I entered the product key and choosed the express install button,the installation started.After sometime there came a popup which read the following:-

Error opening the file for writing:

C:\Mass Effect\saferun.exe

Click Abort to stop the installation

Retry to try again

Ignore to skip this file

:-I tried each and every option to let the installation resume but none worked.At last the installation gets cancelled.Then I thought there is a defect in The CD, so I got to the shop again for the refund but boom,they had moved from the shop to another venue and found that I was left hanging.So I decided to google the problem and found that many are having the same problem.Anyone please help me.I am trying to run the game on Windows 7 32 bit.With 4 Gb of Ram and 2 GB of Graphic card......I will be grateful to anyone who solves my problem.

Thanks and Regards,

Parth

Message 1 of 2 (1,422 Views)

Re: Mass Effect 1 saferun.exe/dll problem

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same problem.  What's with the saferun.exe thing?  And how do I get it fixed?

Message 2 of 2 (1,144 Views)