Mass Effect 1 "Failed to Load"

by callmejmart

Original Post

Mass Effect 1 "Failed to Load"

★ Novice

When attempting to launch Mass Effect via Steam (valid license)  The screen goes black and eventually shows a very large mouse cursor but does not progress.  After CTRL+ALTing out of the game an error message pops up stating it had failed to load and to check the logs.  I've included both the error message and the log to assist in analyzing the issue if anyone is capable of assisting me.  Thank you in advance!

Message 1 of 6 (1,568 Views)

Re: Mass Effect 1 "Failed to Load"

@callmejmart

Try to run the "MassEffect.exe" under ">drive<:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Mass Effect\Binaries" as Administrator.

If that works, create a shortcut for the "MassEffect.exe" on your desktop > right click the shortcut > properties > Advanced > check "Run as administrator"

If that don't work, repair your Game. (in steam  > right click at ME1 > Properties > Local Files > Verify integrity of game cache.)

Please let us know how it goes.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 2 of 6 (1,554 Views)

★★★ Newbie

to me says error to load EntryMenu

Message 3 of 6 (1,235 Views)

@ROBERTO081003

Did you tried to repair the game? (in Origin > Game Library > right click ME > Repair; in steam  > right click at ME > Properties > Local Files > Verify integrity of game cache.)

Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Message 4 of 6 (1,226 Views)

★★★ Newbie

yeah i tried

Message 5 of 6 (1,201 Views)

@ROBERTO081003

Please create a DxDiag in text file format, also go to your Reliability monitor (Press the windows key and "R" at the same time and copy or type "perfmon /rel" (without the quotes) in > ENTER and look if it has ME entries.

If yes double click at the last one, copy it to the clipboard, (Bottom left corner) save it to a text file and load it up together with the DxDiag.

You can do that with the "choose file" button at the bottom right corner of the reply window.

Message 6 of 6 (1,185 Views)