Mass Effect 1 on Windows 10

by ApostolisAektzis

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Mass Effect 1 on Windows 10

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I bought the Mass Effect Trilogy yesterday.I installed all 3 games.When i launched Mass Effect 1,nothing happened.It did not even showed something like "the program has stopped working".When i run the game as administrator (with Windows XP3 in compatibility tab and the run as administrator box checked) origin crashes and stops.Also,i have done all the updates.How can i play it on Windows 10?Here are my specs:i5-4440,8GB ram,1TB WD Blue,R9 270,Asus b85M-G2

Message 1 of 4 (15,687 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Mass Effect 1 on Windows 10

Hero

Is this the issue you're having? http://answers.ea.com/t5/Mass-Effect-1/PC-Mass-Effect-Won-t-Start-A-New-Solution/td-p/1435666

I had a similar issue in Origin where Dragon Age Inquisition wouldn't launch. In the task manager the process showed up for a second and then disappeared again. I fixed this by running Origin as administrator. Once you check that option, you'll always get an error when launching Origin, but at least in my case the problem is solved.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (20,244 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Is this the issue you're having? http://answers.ea.com/t5/Mass-Effect-1/PC-Mass-Effect-Won-t-Start-A-New-Solution/td-p/1435666

I had a similar issue in Origin where Dragon Age Inquisition wouldn't launch. In the task manager the process showed up for a second and then disappeared again. I fixed this by running Origin as administrator. Once you check that option, you'll always get an error when launching Origin, but at least in my case the problem is solved.

Message 2 of 4 (20,245 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Message 3 of 4 (15,656 Views)

Hero

I just checked and the link isn't dead for me. If you can't use the link, it's one of the sticky threads on this subforum.

Message 4 of 4 (15,645 Views)