Mass Effect 1 in game menu no longer responds to mouse click or highlights menu

by HecticBru

Original Post

Re: Mass Effect 1 in game menu no longer responds to mouse click or highlights m

★★★ Newbie
I also have this issue on Windows 10 but running through Steam rather than origin though the game does not use the Steam overlay at all.
I have a work around - tabing out of the game while the menu is open then tabing back in (keep space bar held down so it doesn't close when you tab back in) and you should be able to use the buttons for as long as that window is open.
As you can imagine this is really annoying and disrupts play. Is there a fix for outside of origin platforms or should I try routing the game through my origin library and disable overlay?
Message 11 of 13 (668 Views)

Re: Mass Effect 1 in game menu no longer responds to mouse click or highlights m

@Atariel333

What do you mean by "does not use the Steam overlay at all"?

Did you disabled the Steam overly for ME? If not it is still active and could be the reason for this error.

Furthermore, if you have a mouse trail enabled, disable it

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 12 of 13 (660 Views)

★ Novice

Just in case anyone ends up here after googling.

Go to settings / input and set mouse hardware to 'YES'.

You might have to reboot the game.

But this solved the problem for me using non-origin version of mass effec.

Message 13 of 13 (527 Views)