Re: Mass Effect 1 import

by demisorrow

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Mass Effect 1 import PS3

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

So I have just beaten the original Mass Effect game from the PS3 Mass Effect trilogy and when I got Mass Effect 2's new game option, the import character option isn't there Is something going on with this??? How would I fix this???

Message 1 of 16 (22,187 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero

There was a patch recently to allow savegame imports. Did you install it?

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 16 (22,473 Views)

All Replies

Hero

There was a patch recently to allow savegame imports. Did you install it?

Message 2 of 16 (22,474 Views)

★★★ Newbie

how do i install it? must i be connected to the internet?

Message 3 of 16 (22,059 Views)

Hero

You can't download a patch if you're not connected to the internet.

Message 4 of 16 (22,040 Views)

Re: Mass Effect 1 import PS3

★★★ Novice

I had the exact same problem and ended up calling EA support on the phone to get a direct answer. It took a long while but the guy was really nice and he tried helping me out by deleting the ME2 game data and reinstalling it when you launch ME2 (like when you first play it). It didn't work and he did some more digging and apparently since the original Mass Effect was made for the 360, it's more of a "copy" to PS3 and the option to import is misleading cause it doesn't come with that yet for PS3....since the original was just released for PS3, the guy said they're probably gonna release a patch soon to try to fix it

Message 5 of 16 (21,920 Views)

★ Novice

I have downloaded the patch, and the option to import now exists; but, ME2 does not see any ME saves to import. I have finished an ME playthrough, and the game data is seen in my PS3 general console. Is there something else I need to do?

Message 6 of 16 (21,854 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have the same issue. When I try to import the character from ME1 it shows a blank rectangle with no selectable options.

I have an odd setup though: my ME1 is the downloadable version from the Portuguese (European) PS Store, whist the ME2 disc is Region 1 (USA).

I'm not sure if this is the issue, as I was able to import my ME2 character onto my ME3 disc and they were from different regions too.

My question here is: are your ME1 and ME2 from the same region?

Message 7 of 16 (21,757 Views)

★ Novice

My ME2 and ME3 maybe UK region, while I downloaded ME from the PSN store in the US.

Message 8 of 16 (21,750 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello !!  I'm suffering from the same problem.

I downloaded Mass Effect 1 from US .PSN Store.

Already finished the game.

Want to import my save file to Mass Effect 2, on my US account. I have the disc based game, from UK (a gift). Works fine on my PS3.

ME2 to ME3 imports work fine.

PLEASE HELP !!  

Message 9 of 16 (21,740 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Or the 1.04 patch needs to be fixed....

PLEASE HELP !!

Message 10 of 16 (21,736 Views)