Re: Mass Effect 1 & 2 Do Not Launch

by holger1405

Original Post

Mass Effect 1 & 2 Do Not Launch

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I'm having some serious issues getting my newly downloaded copy of Mass Effect 1 to launch. I downloaded from Origin, but every time I try to launch the game, the launch window opens but nothing else happens. No music plays, no links to actually play the game, just the picture of the launch menu starts. I've tried to launch the game with compatibility settings, I've also launched as an administrator, still nothing.

Is there any new information that can solve this?

Update:

Since I bought the trilogy I decided to see if Mass Effect 2 would start, and sure enough, the game won't launch. Same issue, the launch screen does not work. This is becoming a very frustrating pattern. Will ME3 do the same thing? Did I just send EA my money for nothing? I can't believe that two games don't work.

Update 2:

I finally got ME 2 to work by following these instructions here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Mass-Effect-2/Mass-Effect-Trilogy-ME2-doesn-t-start-with-Origin-after-insta... Not sure the reason why changing the launcher name allows it to start.

ME 1 still does not work, and I would like to play it since I bought the game. I've searched and followed every forums instructions and there is still no answer. 

Message 1 of 2 (505 Views)

Re: Mass Effect 1 & 2 Do Not Launch

@jessne1

Please create a DxDiag in text file format, also go to your Reliability monitor (Press the windows key and "R" at the same time and copy or type "perfmon /rel" (without the quotes) in > ENTER and look if it has ME1 entries.

If yes double click at the last one, copy it to the clipboard, (Bottom left corner) save it to a text file and load it up together with the DxDiag. You can do that with the "choose file" button at the bottom right corner of the reply window.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 2 of 2 (473 Views)