by BigStaQ

Original Post

Re: Mass Effect 1 WILL NOT LAUNCH!

★ Apprentice

EA don't care about customers.

Message 11 of 21 (8,138 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey all... I bought ME1 two days ago on Origin ($5.99!  What a steal!) and had the same issue.  It said "Launching" then nothing would happen.

I contacted EA's customer support through their online chat.  Had to wait about 15 minutes to get a representative into the chat, but once I did he fixed my problem.  It had something to do with the serial key registration.  He actually wiped ME1 from my Origin account and added a new copy.  He issued me a new serial key and gave me a weblink to go to so I could activate it.  Once the activation was complete and I redownloaded the game (make sure you uninstall the previous instance first) it fired up no issues at all.  Now I can save the galaxy! 

Message 12 of 21 (8,129 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I tried that link but the folder isn't there. I'm dying to play it and feel like giving up. :/

Message 13 of 21 (8,103 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Hm.  Did you reply to the wrong thread?  I can't find any context for the issue you're experiencing.  Regardless, have you tried this solution:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Mass-Effect-1/PC-Mass-Effect-Won-t-Start-A-New-Solution/m-p/1435670#M2911

You can determine where your game is installed by opening the Origin client, going to the Origin menu, then Application Settings, then Advanced.  It will be under "Downloaded Games" assuming you installed via Origin.  

Otherwise, you can also right click on the Mass Effect shortcut on the desktop and selecting "Open File Location".  That will bring you to Mass Effect\binaries .  To determine if my solution is the correct one, you would go back one subdirectory (eg. out of binaries) and see if MassEffectLauncher.exe is there.  If it's not, my solution will probably work.

Message 14 of 21 (8,092 Views)

★ Novice

Right click on the icon on your desktop and click run as administrator

Message 15 of 21 (7,613 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Bit of a necropost, but hopefully it'll help someone.

Had the same issue, just managed to get it going.

Exit origin entirely (rightclick on the little icon in the taskbar and say exit or use whatever method you feel like)

Find the exe file, if you have a short cut laying about just right click it and "open file location"

Right click the exe and choose "run as administrator"

Having an internet connection would probably be good too.

Anyway, those are the steps I took to get it working, hopefully it'll fix some of your issues too. Best of luck.

Message 16 of 21 (6,344 Views)

★★★ Newbie

THAT WORKED? 

THAT TOTALLY WORKED.

Thank you so much! I was about to give up, I had tried almost everything else I could find. :D

Message 17 of 21 (5,426 Views)

★★★ Novice
Message 18 of 21 (4,844 Views)

★★★ Newbie

hey i know i am alittle bit late by like year and half but here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXDShDYDUV4 this did it for me i was alsio geting angry IT WORKS

Message 19 of 21 (3,706 Views)

★★★ Newbie

abc's link worked perfectly. all you have to do differeent from the video is select the correct OS you are running

Message 20 of 21 (3,694 Views)