Re: Mass Effect 1 Unable to get the mouse to work properly

by holger1405

Original Post

★★ Novice

Hey guys, I believe I've figured out a fix.

In Origin, click Origin on top of Origin window.  Then Application Settings. Go to Origin In Game tab and Disable "Enable Origin in Game"

This worked perfectly for me.  After somebody said they think it's Origin's overlay that seemed to be the problem, this is what I went looking for without having to kill Origin after starting Mass Effect (and possibly losing the ability to import save for Mass Effect 2).

Enjoy being able to play the game! (if it works for you too)

Message 11 of 20 (1,610 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

thank you very much my friend, it worked !!!

i had even replaced my mouse with an older one i had, still did not fix it, but now with your solution it seems ok

THANK YOU !!!!     (* ORIGIN)

Message 12 of 20 (1,593 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Well thank you kindly. That seems to work. I'd not have guessed that, since calling up Origin in-game requires a keyboard command, not a mouse click, but whatever. Let's hope the next update to Origin doesn't find a new, even more innovative way to break our ME experience.

Message 13 of 20 (1,591 Views)

★ Apprentice

[posting the below from my other post as slightly different to the above in that you don't need to disable Origin overlay for all your games!]

Guys, gals, seems it's not a fix (so don't 'accept solution') but disabling Origin in game seems to once again recognise mouse input in-game. The bug is with the Origin client. I have no idea if this then prevents you exporting profiles between ME1 and ME2.

Workaround: Right click your game icon in Origin, click 'Game Properties', tick the 'disable Origin overlay for this game' checkbox

Message 14 of 20 (1,572 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thank you Goyrmetrix my mouse now works :D

Message 15 of 20 (1,471 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yup. That worked for me as well. 

Message 16 of 20 (1,240 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have recently re-installed all three of the Mass Effect games. I have played them all in the past several times. Since I have installed them on my Windows 10 machine I have been unable to get my mouse to work. I even purchased the digital trilogy on Origin and the games do not allow my mouse to work. I have tried the above fixes in this thread and none of them have worked. On a side note, I have Dragon Age Inquisition and it works on my PC and mouse works perfectly. I look forward to any help for my problem.

Message 17 of 20 (1,047 Views)

@jtgamewolf

So you disabled "Origin in game" already?

Do you have the pointer trail enabled? If so disable it and test.

Do you have any other Overlay software, Afterburner with Riva Tuner, Geforce Experience, etcetera, running?

Did you tested with another mouse or on a different USB Port?

Do you have a game software for your mouse? If so disable it and testes.  

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 18 of 20 (1,036 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you for the reply!

Yes, I tried to disable Origins in game and it did not fix it. I also closed Origin once game was started and it did not work either.

Pointer trail is not enabled.

I have no other software running like overlays when trying to play.

I have not tried to use another USB port yet. However, I use the current mouse and USB port with Dragon Age Inquisition without issue.

I do not have any gaming software with my mouse

Thanks for the reply. I will try the USB port, but as far as using another mouse, I have to use a trackball for my disability.

Message 19 of 20 (1,029 Views)

@jtgamewolf

It would still be good to connect another mouse or trackball (If you have access to one) to the machine so we could narrow down the problem.  

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 20 of 20 (1,011 Views)