Re: Mass Effect 1 Steam code won't register on Origin

by Holger1405

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Mass Effect 1 Steam code won't register on Origin

★★ Novice

The CD Code for Mass Effect refuses to register on Origin, claiming that it is invalid. It also appears to be 4 characters too long, being 20 instead of 16. I want to be able to register it on Origin so I can get the Pinnacle Station DLC, but Origin won't seem to accept it. Is there any workaround, or any way to modify the code to a state where it can be registered? I couldn't get any help from EA support, no one picked up on the chat. Any help is appreciated.

Message 1 of 8 (3,418 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Sorry to hear that you were not happy with the support you received @Issigrii.

If you wish to, you can contact live support and make an official complaint in relation to the support you received.

In relation to your issue, sorry to say but if you purchased the game through Steam then there is no guarantee that code will be redeemable on Origin. The code you purchased is for the game through Steam and as such if the code is not accepted on Origin then it will not be possible to redeem it and play on any platform other than Steam.

Hope that helps clear it up for you.

Darko 

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 8 of 8 (2,771 Views)

All Replies

Hero

It's unfortunate that EA support wasn't any help because that's the only channel where you can resolve this issue.

Mass Effect 1 predates the Origin rebranding. The "EA Download Manager" as it used to be called didn't initially allow third party copies to be registered, so some codes still don't work. In my case customer support sorted it out.

Live chat is usually a good method to get this sorted. If you don't see the live chat option I recommend changing your country/region on the support site.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 8 (3,372 Views)

[ Edited ]

@shaunaroo

You can get Pinnacle Station here. (Expand "+ view more" under the "If you purchased a digital copy..." message at the Mass Effect section)

The key for the DLC is in the first line under "Pinnacle Station".

Also, if you brought the game recently on Steam both DLCs should already be included in your download.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 3 of 8 (3,360 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Not only was chat customer support of no help, the customer support rep just immediately accused me of buying the code.  I had started buying the Mass Effect and Dragon Age games here after starting on Steam once Origin became available and have purchased 17 games from Origin (plus a ton of Sims content).  I'll never purchase another game from Origin again - after purchasing that much through, being accused of buying a code for a 10 year old game was just rude and totally unacceptable customer service.

Message 4 of 8 (2,821 Views)

@Issigrii

Sorry, can't follow you here.

How is "buying the code" an accusation?

Were is the exact problem, what are you trying to do?

Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Message 5 of 8 (2,815 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I purchased Mass Effect 1 and 2 on Steam, 3 and Andromeda on Origin.  I explained to the customer support I was able to enter the code for Mass Effect 2 from Steam and it worked, but the 1 from Steam for Mass Effect 1 didn't work (apparently a problem many people have had from a google search).  Didn't think I got it from Steam and asked where I "bought the code" - and when I said I thought that was rude there was a long wait and just told me to go to Steam - Steam (where the game works fine) obviously can't help, though I did ask and they said they couldn't.  The google search also confirms from many people the same poor or totally non-existent customer service, so yeah, I'll just use Steam from now on who I've never had an issue with. As well as I remember both Mass Effect and Dragon Age transferred the saved games to the next installment, so not a big deal - just a lesson in what kind of company EA is.

Message 6 of 8 (2,798 Views)

@Issigrii

Sorry to hear, but it is like with any other company, there are good, not so good and bad employees.

I will forward this to the EA CMs.

I also would recommend to just contact support again, a different game advisor should be able to help you.

Message 7 of 8 (2,795 Views)

Community Manager

Sorry to hear that you were not happy with the support you received @Issigrii.

If you wish to, you can contact live support and make an official complaint in relation to the support you received.

In relation to your issue, sorry to say but if you purchased the game through Steam then there is no guarantee that code will be redeemable on Origin. The code you purchased is for the game through Steam and as such if the code is not accepted on Origin then it will not be possible to redeem it and play on any platform other than Steam.

Hope that helps clear it up for you.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 8 of 8 (2,772 Views)