Re: Mass Effect 1 Ps3 freezes BEFORE Final Battle

by ag0nar

Original Post

Mass Effect 1 Ps3 freezes BEFORE Final Battle

★★★ Newbie

I bought the trilogy disc set and had no freezes what so ever playing through up until near the end.

After driving the mako through the conduit and killing the three husks, the cutscene plays out. It shows the part where the enemy ships are closing in on the citadel, and then when it cuts back to saren, it freezes on a shot of a turin's chest.  Twice out of the 25 or so times I had viewed this cutscene, the dialog would cut out after a few words.

I have deleted and re-installed the game data three times and it still freezes at the exact same point every time.

I was going to re-format my whole ps3 until I found that the Mass Effect saves were locked to the playstation and could not be backed up.

I have tried turning the difficulty down to casual and reloading past saves but none seem to work.

The fixes other people have mentioned such as only using your gun in the final battle aren't relevant here as I can't even get to it.

Thanks for any help.

Message 1 of 5 (1,288 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi, i had the same problem as you....horrible i 've played all long like a veteran, and at the ending freeze after final Saren's fight. i had ever play ME1 before but it was the first time the game crashed so much. Once, i've deleted my profil gamer, and returned to my last save...and miracle...no feeze, no crash ending, no lags, but "adios" to the silver trophy Veteran, the game had considered i've change my gameplay options...never mind, my new shepard is ready for ME2

Hope it'll work for you too.

Message 2 of 5 (1,234 Views)

★ Novice
btw what did you mean by profile gamer and my mass effect game keeps freezing and i have played on casual/normal the entire time cause i wanted to breeze throught it so i can move on to mass effect 2 but how do i fix this after my shepard gets in the elevator after you kill the three husks it plays the cutscene then freezes on a turians chest
Message 3 of 5 (1,067 Views)

★ Novice
hey man i have been having the same problem and i still cant figure out what to do if you have managed to fix it please tell me because i want to finish mass effect so i can start playing mass effect 2
Message 4 of 5 (1,066 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

This work for me (sorry for the english, i'm italian):

I got 2 crash, so i read so much topics about this issue, so i tried to pause before the final battle:

set the difficult to the easiest

turn off all the graphic effect (blur...)

and killed saren with no so much graphic effects (only shoot with my rifle).

... and really i set on my ps3 some medical ice gel with a shirt, to make it cool...

it worked.

but it's a really bad bug, shame on support.

Message 5 of 5 (794 Views)