Mass Effect 1 - Paragon not working

by elsashepard

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Mass Effect 1 - Paragon not working

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

hello possibly helpful people!

so, im on my fourth play through of the ME series, and am having some problems with my Paragon. i will provide as many details as possible without being too overwhelming in case the details explain what's going on.

after my femShep was made a Spectre, i went to Eletania in the Attican Beta to use the Paragon bug (done with the space monkeys that stole the dada module) so i could have the Paragon i needed but could still do some Renegade options. i like my characters to be well rounded Standard smile

after doing filling up my Paragon, i went and got Liara from Therum, and have since defeated the geth near-invasion in the Armstrong Nebula. i then went to the Kepler Verge, to Ontarom, to do the mission where former Alliance (and now Cerberus) scientists are being killed by Coporal Toombs because of their part in the Akuze tragedy. i have full Paragon now, so i expected id be able to do the Paragon speaking option during the ending.

nope. 

i just dealt with Rear Admiral Mikhailovich (that's a spelling adventure!) and his inspection of the Normandy, and there was no Paragon option again. this is really frustrating since ive never had this issue before, ive restarted the game and the system and went back to the save, to talk with him again and once again, no Paragon options. 

should i start this round over? will Paragon start working at some point? was the Paragon bug patched or something to stop the points from being effective? any helpful tips would be greatly appreciated. 

a few more details in case it helps, im on a PS3 purchased in 2012, this copy of ME1 was bought through the PS store and ive had minimal to no problems with it since buying it, and ive done the Paragon bug every time ive played it and there have been no glitches like this.

Message 1 of 6 (8,518 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Mass Effect 1 - Paragon not working

[ Edited ]
Hero

Jeong from ExoGeni is a very hard persuasion option. According to the wiki you either need 12 points in charm (the maximum) or 10 points in intimidate.

http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Morality_Guide#Feros:_The_Thorian

Regarding Wrex: The paragon and intimidate options are always available if you do his personal mission first. If you don't do his personal mission, you need 8 charm or intimidate.

http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Morality_Guide#Virmire:_Wrex_and_the_Genophage

In order to be able to spend more points in charm and intimidate, your paragon / renegade values need to be high enough.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

View in thread

Message 4 of 6 (8,790 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero

Have you spent any points in the charm ability? This may be something players overlook because this wasn't necessary in the sequels.

Message 2 of 6 (8,496 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I suspect the previous poster did place points in charm...  I had the same issue without using an exploit...  I just killed Toombs...  my paragon option was greyed out... I have the bar filled... If the game levels with the player, having a bar filled should allow a player to follow the path they are working through...  I think I have 9 points in Charm... and I just killed the ExoGeni admin, because the paragon option was greyed out...  I've played this game like 4 times... Feros is not a late portion of the game...  A 9 in charm should have allowed a paragon choice....  I guess I will kill Wrex when that paragon option is greyed out too....

Message 3 of 6 (8,434 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Jeong from ExoGeni is a very hard persuasion option. According to the wiki you either need 12 points in charm (the maximum) or 10 points in intimidate.

http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Morality_Guide#Feros:_The_Thorian

Regarding Wrex: The paragon and intimidate options are always available if you do his personal mission first. If you don't do his personal mission, you need 8 charm or intimidate.

http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Morality_Guide#Virmire:_Wrex_and_the_Genophage

In order to be able to spend more points in charm and intimidate, your paragon / renegade values need to be high enough.

Message 4 of 6 (8,791 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey elsashepard, Are you playing ME1 from ME2/ME3? 
The Paragon and Renegade interrupts and passive chat options didn't come in until ME2, and ME1 requires points in the Charm ability to get the required dialogues which is unlocked with levels and Paragon/Renegade levels.
In short ensure that you have points in the Charm and/or Intimidate to get the required dialogue options.

Message 5 of 6 (8,408 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm also having this issue. I did use a save editor to give myself more paragon points, and it's worked so far in every conversation EXCEPT where I'm trying to convince Wrex to stand down. I'm also maxed out in Charm AND Intimidation. 

Idk what went wrong because it's worked so far in the game, but now all my "paragon or renegade" options are grayed out

Message 6 of 6 (4,835 Views)