Re: Mass Effect 1 (PS 3)

by Fred_vdp

Original Post

Mass Effect 1 (PS 3)

★★★ Newbie

My problem is getting storage lockers and other items.  I keep getting Decryption Skill is too low, however, as a soldier I don't have any decrypt skills.  If I try to use Tali's decrypt skills, she only send a disc like item into the wall or floor, never at the locker.  The only other way I have to open these items is to sell off armour and weapons for omni-get, however, this really makes Shepard very weak in both areas.

If I am able to use my squad members to decrypt items, I would appreciate any advice on how to use the controls and in which order.  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time,

Jeff.

Message 1 of 2 (347 Views)

Re: Mass Effect 1 (PS 3)

[ Edited ]
Hero

The ability to open an encrypted container doesn't depend on the decryption skill of a single character. Instead, the decryption skills of all present characters are added up. For instance, if Shepard has 0 decryption, Tali has 7 decryption, and Garrus has 4 decryption, you will have a score of 11.

So if Shepard doesn't have decrypt skills, bring characters with a lot of decryption skill and you'll be able to open more containers.

The 'disc like item' you describe is from a combat skill, not decryption.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 2 (341 Views)