Mass Effect 1 Low FPS

by Bfingerr

Original Post

Mass Effect 1 Low FPS

★★★ Newbie

Hi i have HP4530s . CPU Intel B950 2,1 Ghz 2 core. 4 Gb ram.  Radeon HD 6490M. WIn 7 SP1

I am having huge performance problems with this game. I can easily run ME 3 but ME 1 i have really low FPS it does not matter which seting I am using. I have tried settings in task manager to only one core and high priority also setting compatibility to XP SP2 but nothing seems to work. Help please.

Message 1 of 2 (474 Views)

Re: Mass Effect 1 Low FPS

[ Edited ]
Hero

Could you say exatly which framerate you're getting in both ME1 and ME3?

Mass Effect 1 is by far the most demanding title in the trilogy, believe it or not. This is because the game has larger areas and less optimization that the sequels. Even on the Xbox 360, the main platform for this game, this game runs very poorly, sometimes even going as low as 13 frames per second in combat.

The Radeon HD 6490M is a great deal slower than the recommended GPU (Geforce 7900 GTX), so poor framerates are to be expected. From experience, I know that lowering settings has no effect on framerate, with the exception of the screen resolution.

To ensure optimal performance make sure no overlay software is enabled (e.g. Origin in-game overlay, Steam, Raptr, Fraps, etc.).

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 2 (461 Views)