Mass Effect 1,2,3 will not play in Windows 7 (64bit)

by webassertive

Original Post

Mass Effect 1,2,3 will not play in Windows 7 (64bit)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I have spent the better part of the say (8 hours) trying to get this game to play. I really can't figure it out. I've tried EVERYTHING (admin, compatiblity, etc..) nothing works. The game starts, then the screen closes and my desktop appears. If I click on the game icon in the bottom tray, it trys to start (I can hear the music, but then it crashes. In ME2, after it crashes to the desktop, I click on the icon in the lower tray and a small black box appears on the screen with the music playing but then nothing. 

The crazy part is that I was playing this game all last night for like 5 hours with no problem. It's only after I try to play again tha this problem accures. I redownloaded the first ME and tried to run as sytem admin, that worked the first time... then when I tried to play again... no go. 

CAN I RUN IT says my systme is fine for playing.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3610QM CPU @ 2.30GHz

2.3 GHz Performance Rated at: 5.06 GHz

8.1 GB RAM

Microsoft Windows 7 Professional Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit

GeForce GT 630M (but I think my CPU auto picks the Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000

DirectX 11.0

IDT High Definition Audio CODEC

So frustrating. I even bought the game from both Origin and Steam with the same problem.

Message 1 of 2 (261 Views)

Re: Mass Effect 1,2,3 will not play in Windows 7 (64bit)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@webassertive wrote:

GeForce GT 630M (but I think my CPU auto picks the Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000

The Geforce GT 630M isn't a gaming GPU and is only around the quality of the absolute minimum requirement of the Mass Effect games, but the games should at least launch.

You are correct in that the games often choose to run on the integrated graphics chipset. Go into your Nvidia control panel and change this. This is Lenovo's guide to do so: http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/documents/ht078706

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 2 (247 Views)