ME2 won't recognize my attempt at importing ME1

by ElementalFury106

Original Post

ME2 won't recognize my attempt at importing ME1

★ Novice

Hey all,

I purchased the trilogy back it was released in November 2012 on PS3 (USA). At that time, I didn't have any issues importing from one game to another.

4 years later I decided to do a few replays of the trilogy. Now that I've got 4 ME1 saves ready to be imported to ME2, I decided it was time to finally import.

When I press New Game on the Mass Effect 2 main menu, I head towards "Import ME1 Character". When I press that and it quickly loads saved data, absolutely nothing comes up.

I've been reading the forums here and chatting over the phone with customer support for hours. I've tried multiple solutions and none have yet worked;

-Already had Patch 1.04 installed. Deleted it and re-installed. Didn't work.

-Deleted the Cerberus Network to see if it would fix things--it didn't. Re-installed and it still doesn't work.

-Loaded up ME1 and completed the very last section all over again (defeated Saren, final cutscene, sat through credits). Still didn't work.

-Selected a New Game upon finishing the ME1 credits, pressed "Select Existing ID" and made a save. Loaded up ME2, still didn't work.

I'm becoming increasingly frustrated...does anyone have a solution for this that does NOT require purchasing Playstation Plus? Help respond.

Message 1 of 1 (376 Views)