ME1 will not install after download

by nightwolf613

Original Post

Accepted Solution

ME1 will not install after download

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Okay, I hate making new posts but I seem to be terrible at finding answers to this problem.

I tried to download Mass Effect 1 through Origin and when it completed I clicked Install.  Instead I get an Internal Error message after it says "Installing..." for a few minutes but never produces a progress amount.  Now I've tried installing Direct X manually, but when I do it says I already have a later version installed.  I am running WIndows 7 64-bit.  So the manual install doesn't help.  I went looking for an install folder but I found none.  Probably because the install doesn't even get that far.

It's been a while since I've played it, but I remember having the disk version installed on Vista 64-bit on a previous system.  This is the first time I've tried to download and install it through Origin.

Any help would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 5 (681 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: ME1 will not install after download

★★★ Novice

DirectX: Internal Error or something like that.

The problem is now fixed, thankfully.  This is the weird part.  After the download it wouldn't install because of this error.  So while I went to work (and searched for an answer in m free time), I let it sit there with the orange install button ready click when I got home if I found an answer.  I found none and out of that "one last try" spirit, I clicked it again after I returned home 12 hours later.  It installed without issue.

Now why letting it sit there all that time made a difference is beyond me, but it is now installed and working.  I haven't run into any other issues with it yet.  If I do and cant find an answer online or with my own fiddling, I will add to this thread.  But for now I cannot complain.  Here's hoping there's no issue with Andromeda when it released. 

View in thread

Message 3 of 5 (771 Views)

All Replies

@nightwolf613

If the installer is on your system it is under "C:\ProgramData\Origin\DownloadCache".

The install folder should be under ">drive<:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games"

What did the error massage say?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 2 of 5 (664 Views)

★★★ Novice

DirectX: Internal Error or something like that.

The problem is now fixed, thankfully.  This is the weird part.  After the download it wouldn't install because of this error.  So while I went to work (and searched for an answer in m free time), I let it sit there with the orange install button ready click when I got home if I found an answer.  I found none and out of that "one last try" spirit, I clicked it again after I returned home 12 hours later.  It installed without issue.

Now why letting it sit there all that time made a difference is beyond me, but it is now installed and working.  I haven't run into any other issues with it yet.  If I do and cant find an answer online or with my own fiddling, I will add to this thread.  But for now I cannot complain.  Here's hoping there's no issue with Andromeda when it released. 

Message 3 of 5 (772 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same error. The error said "A Direct X internal error occured!"

Message 4 of 5 (593 Views)

[ Edited ]

@alienarchon2012

Go to your "drive<:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Mass Effect\__Installer\directx\redist" folder and delete all files with a *.cab file extensions.

Then run the "DXSETUP.exe" in the same folder as an Administrator > Test the installation again.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 5 of 5 (580 Views)