ME1 PS3 version, decryption minigames way too fast (possibly bugged)

by FenrisWolf1976

Original Post

ME1 PS3 version, decryption minigames way too fast (possibly bugged)

★★★★ Novice

I recently bought ME1 for PS3 and I noticed that decryption minigames are either bugged or are otherwise way too fast. Even on easy decryptions timer usually is almost done before first button to be pressed lits up. On those occasions that more than one button has time to lit up, they still lit up so fast that it's more about guessing next one than actually have fast enough reflexes to push correct one

Message 1 of 36 (30,991 Views)

Re: ME1 PS3 version, decryption minigames way too fast (possibly bugged)

★★★★★ Novice

There's a timer?  I have never noticed it.  I absolutely HATE the decryption/bypass/recover routine in ME1.  I much prefer the hack/bypass in ME2.  It is one of the nuisances in ME1 that really pushes me to not play the game.  I'd rather create one Male and one Female Shepard and then play and replay ME2 and ME3.  That along with elevators ...

Message 2 of 36 (30,875 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

PC gamers have more luck. On PC the decryption game is a 360 degrees version of Frogger.

But anyway, did you install the game to the hard drive?

Is it also possible that the speed is determined by your decryption skill? I never played it on consoles, so I'm not really sure how this minigame works.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 3 of 36 (30,857 Views)

★ Novice

HI all,

I just downloaded ME1 for PS3 from the PS store, and am having the same problem with the first and second decryption minigame right at the start of the game on Eden Prime.  I don't even get a chance to press the appropriate button before it tells me "Overide failed". This definitely seems like a bug, I've tried it with multiple controllers multiple times, with the same results. I don't think it's a decryption skill level problem as I've got Kaidan pretty much focussing on this skill and not much else.  I've played ME2 and ME3 both on PS3, looking forward to playing ME1, but at the moment the game is unplayable.  Not sure if this is a problem with the disc version  or just on the downloaded version, I don't want to have to buy the Trilogy pack as I already own 2 and 3. Hopefully more people have the same problem and we can get a fix.Standard smile

Message 4 of 36 (30,840 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It is not bugged, just a bit unclear what you're supposed to do - different buttons will highlight and you have to push them within a second interval.  It is hard to figure that out because yeah the first couple of times you're like huh and it fails immediately.  Definitely not bugged, the mechanism works fine, and imho is better than the device they use at least on the PC (which would have been way too difficult on a console pad in any case).  Happy gaming!

Message 5 of 36 (30,832 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have the downloaded version as well and although I'm at very start, just arrived on citadel for the first time, but definitely all decryptions on Eden Prime failed because it lit up first time just before timer ran out. on citadel, it started working better, but i'd say light lit up faster than one second intervals. 

Message 6 of 36 (30,824 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've got the same issue on the PS3 version.  While admittedly I don't have the reflexes of a 13 year old, I think I'm pressing the buttons pretty fast (well within a second) and I've yet to succeed at one of these.  Most of the time I fail at the first key press; once I got the first two in time but then failed on the third.

I suspect there is indeed a bug here.

Message 7 of 36 (30,823 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Having the same problem. Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's a bug too. It's completely impossible to do those games! 

Message 8 of 36 (30,817 Views)

★ Novice

Same problem here - after flashing a sign it almost instantly fails. I have had luck nailing the first sign but not more.

Really annoying - that frogger game on PC was annoying as hell as well but at least you had fighting chance there.

Message 9 of 36 (30,752 Views)

★ Apprentice

its not bugged. at first i also have a problem to complete the mini game but with practice i have started to get the feeling and the timing. i'm not saying its easy because its not but with patience and training you can complete most of all them.

and i don't understand why people is complaining so much about this game i've been playing it for at least 2 days the only problem that i had so far its the sound syncing with the subtitles sometimes besides that its working like a breeze.

Message 10 of 36 (30,723 Views)