Re: MASS EFFECT 1 ENDING BUG/GLITCH PS3

by aeldron

Original Post

MASS EFFECT 1 ENDING BUG/GLITCH PS3

★★★ Newbie

Hi,

I've been having this very annoying problem at the end of the mass effect 1 game (on PS3). Basically what happens is that once I've beaten Saren and talked about who I wish to place on the council, the credits role and then I am being placed at the main menu, not back in the Normandy. Therefore I never have a full completed save file of the game to import into mass effect 2. The game does an autosave in the middle of Sarens fight and I've fought him multiple times but the same thing happens over and over. I even have a save file from the start of the whole mission, and tried to do the mission again, still no change. I've also tried deleting game data and then re-installing it. This is really strange as when I played it the first time it worked fine, but on this second playthrough this bug/glitch keeps happening. I've put a lot of hours into this playthrough and I really do not wish to start again, Any help?

Message 1 of 5 (3,620 Views)

Community Manager

Hi moizu92,

Does this answer your question?

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Mass-Effect/End-Game-Save/m-p/361150

Your friendly neighbourhood forum admin.

spectre.png
Message 2 of 5 (3,527 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi EA_Spectre

This does not answer the question.

I've just started playing Mass Effect 1 again on my PS3 and the problem is clearly still there.  It happens if you choose to save the council, the battle against Saren will lag horribly and eventually the PS3 freezes after he is defeated, requiring a hard boot.  Is there a workaround for that? Some people suggested you need to let the council die to get past this bug.  I would like to save them, in case the ending is different.

Message 3 of 5 (2,335 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Many years later... still on PS3 playing the first ME from the trilogy I bought, and this glitch is still unsolved. I have the trophy showing I've completed the main game, picked the counsel, watched the end happen through to the credits... but as I try to play the "opened" extra levels (51-60) I am not able to continue playing ME1 to finish the assignments and further develop Shepherd prior to jumping into ME2.
Message 4 of 5 (1,698 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @OGSpeedFreak

Unfortunately, the chance of Mass Effect getting an update with bug fixes is highly unlikely after so many years Frown

I see that you've already opened a separate thread about this situation, so I'm going to lock this one because of its age. Remember to not bump very old threads, as it may count as necroposting.

/Ataashi

Message 5 of 5 (1,614 Views)