Re: Keys not recognized on "Press Start" screen

by EA_David

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Keys not recognized on "Press Start" screen

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

So, I've been struggling with this issue for a long time the past couple days.

The game would start just fine and let me skip the dev splash screens, but when it came to the press start screen of the game. All my keys became unresponsive.

What ultimately fixed it for me was hooking up my X360 controller to the PC and using that to get past the screen.

I'm still not sure what caused the problem, but that's how I got the game working.

EDIT: I seem to have found out the issue. It had to do with the configuration files. You can find the config folder in /documents/bioware/mass effect. You can just delete or rename this folder and restart the game and it should work fine.

Message 1 of 7 (12,255 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Novice

I located the issue last night with Teamviewer running I could not access the keyboard in game.   Disabling teamviewer prior to starting the game works.

View in thread

Message 5 of 7 (12,782 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Thanks for updating your post with steps on how to fix, we'll bear this in mind if we see any similar issues in the future. 

Cheers.

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 7 (12,223 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I had this same problem.  What was surprising is it was a bit of a search to come across this thread and how old this thread is and this problem was still a thing....I mean just starting the game and the keys don't work?  That is kind of a big deal.  I backup up/deleted the profile files and then the game started and let me hit space just fine.  Except for the annoying green strobe flashes that threaten to develop epilepsy and migraine headaches...I have to hit alt-tab to switch out and get a desktop back, then maximize the game window to get away from the green.

Update:  That worked exactly once.   The game is back to won't recognize the keyboard input.  I also disabled a second monitor and using only primary (and quite new) monitor.   I've redone the delete the files.  I've tinkered semi randomly with the interior settings like setting the controller profile to 1....no luck with that.

Now I'm at a dead end again...the game is unplayable

I located the issue last night with Teamviewer running I could not access the keyboard in game.   Disabling teamviewer prior to starting the game works.

Message 3 of 7 (9,722 Views)

@ExxarKhun

Is your keyboard connected via USB? If so did you tried another usb port?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 4 of 7 (9,703 Views)

★★★ Novice

Message 5 of 7 (12,783 Views)

@ExxarKhun

Good to hear and thank you for posting the solution here.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 6 of 7 (9,678 Views)

★★★ Newbie
You saved my life brudda. You may know de wey, always.
Message 7 of 7 (8,989 Views)