Re: Invalid CD Key from Steam

by Fusionstorm92

Original Post

Invalid CD Key from Steam

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

As far as I know, there is a couple of DLCs for Mass Effect 1 which I can get through Origin. However, I bought the game on Steam off a deal but I was unable to activate the game on Origin using the CD key generated by Steam. Any ideas how I could activate the game on Steam Origin? Thank you.

Edit: Want to activate on Origin, not Steam. Steam is fine.

Message 1 of 7 (1,298 Views)

Community Manager

I'm not sure what you mean. Are you trying to use the Origin DLC on Steam? This isn't possible, if you want to play with the DLC you'll want to play the Origin version of the game. You mention being unable to use the code, what error do you get?

If you want to stick to Steam, you can try grabbing the DLC from this page. 

https://social.bioware.com/page/da1-dlc

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 7 (1,278 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Fusionstorm92

@Fusionstorm92 wrote:

Any ideas how I could activate the game on Steam? Thank you.

You meant activate the game on Origin, right?

If so, that is not necessary. Download the DLCs from here and install them. They will work on the Steam version.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 3 of 7 (1,270 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It says that the product code I entered is not valid and tells me to confirm the the code has been entered correctly. I have tried both copying directly to clipboard and typing the code out manually but to no avail.

Message 4 of 7 (1,260 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hmm, yeah I've heard that I am able to do that. I have ME2 on Origin though, would I be able to port the ME1 save files over if I continue playing on Steam?

Message 5 of 7 (1,257 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Fusionstorm92

The save files are in the exact same location and in the exact same format, regardless of the client.

If you prefer to play the game on Origin you need to contact EA directly. If you are not from the US change the country in the top right corner.

A game Advisor should be able to add ME1 to your account.

Edit: If ME2 can't find your ME1 save games, here is the solution. But that is a problem that is common for both Clients and has nothing to do with which one you use. 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 6 of 7 (1,244 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@Holger1405 @EA_David

Thanks for the replies! WIll try them out when I eventually get to the point haha.

Message 7 of 7 (1,215 Views)