Re: Importing Mass Effect 1 saves [PS3]

by sovan2501

Original Post

★★★ Novice
Hi mass effect fans,

I'm having what I think is a similar problem, but I'll start at the beginning...

I have an American PSN account, I downloaded mass effect 1 from this account and have invested over 200 hours.

I own an Australian disk copy of mass effect 2 including all dlc, and an Australian copy of mass effect 3 also including all dlc...

I've already finished 2 and 3, imported character from 2 to 3 no problem, but then I went back to the start wanting to do it all again 1>2>3, but when I go into me2, the import me1 character option shows up empty, I can't import my me1 character to me2...

I've heard on bioware forums that there is no region restriction for save files, but I believe this information is false...

Apart from buying Australian mass effect 1 & starting again, or buying American me2 and me3 and all dlc again, is there any way I can use my existing saves with my existing games?

I have PSN plus, so can someone please clarify the PSN+ save file process?

I have already tried deleting me2 data/patch and reinstalling...

I don't want to rush out and get American me2 from PSN since it seems even then there is no guarantee it will work...

Any clarification would be greatly appreciated, thanks all.
Message 111 of 129 (2,887 Views)

★★ Novice
So....

Nothing yet??

That's ridiculous.
Message 112 of 129 (2,688 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Hi Ursula

I am unable to import saved data from an Australian download of ME1 into a US region ME2 trilogy disc. Have met your other requirements.

Don't think region should be an issue. I spend equal time and money on both continents Standard smile

Message 113 of 129 (2,107 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i have the same problem i have the trilogy on ps3 too, NA edition, i have plus and i already uplload my savefiles and clear the other ones of my disc hope this fx the problem, EA this little details are one of the reasons why you are one of the worst companies!!!!!

Message 114 of 129 (1,862 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the Trilogy version.  The first time I played through it when it originally was released, i had no problems importing from one game to the next.   I recently completed a new playthrough of ME1 and when i go to ME2, not only does it not recognize the new playthrough but my old playthrough is missing as well.  

I have tried moving save files the the Cloud (so glad  had to add that expense) and reinstalling the games and still nothing.

Message 115 of 129 (1,799 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I'm not paying extra money for PS Plus after I already bought the first game, simply because I couldn't buy the DLC on PS3 (despite being able to on PC and XBox) because I didn't have a new copy.

I want what I paid for, and I want it now.

I've been conned out of my money and I'm so damn sick of it. 

It would be literally zero percent of an issue if I could /buy/ Mass Effect Genesis. But I can't. Because no reason at all???????

EDIT: Oh, look at that, the save files are copy protected. Couldn't move them or save them if I wanted to.

edit tldr; Worse technical problems and fixes than League of Legends

Message 116 of 129 (1,654 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I have to agree with some of the other members, it is quite disappointing that here we are in June of 2014 and in this very thread not a single byte of help has been shared. But moving on from that incompetence I have my own problems and observations to share.

I have the ME trilogy. Bought in the US. At the end of 2013 I started the series and tried importing my character to ME2 in January. The import was unsuccessful. Not even the option to import a character was offered in ME2. I, however, ignored it and continued playing because I was so excited about it.

Here comes the interesting stuff. Probably finished ME2 some time around February 2014 (50 hrs playtime - mfw.jpg) and then had nary a problem importing ME2 CHARM CHER TO ME3. literally it was as easy as waking up in the morning. So whatever blahsy blahsy blah.

fast forward about 3 weeks ago. Lucky for me I had utilized multiple saves for ME1. (I wanted to make sure after I got acclimated I could go back and find ALL side quests/ salarian I.D. tags all that good stuff) so I started back on LUNA in the local cluster. And took off from there. Added 29 hours of play time and finished the game yesterday.

I tried importing may character again to ME2 yesterday and the strangest thing... There is an option to import character!!

but my elation quickly turned to sadness because it was "import ME2 character."

what on God's green earth is going on here. I want something done about this. I'm ripping my hair out here because I want Liara's face on my desk. I want my XP. I want my decisions. And I want them now. I want to play this series the way it was supposed to be played.

Also. What, what was ursula canned or something? What happened to her proactive involvement? Ursula if you're lurking. I want to see you in my office 7 months ago.
Message 117 of 129 (1,638 Views)

★ Novice

The update adds the "Import ME1 data"...

Not that it works. 

Message 118 of 129 (1,623 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Hello today I finished Mass Effect 1 and encountered the same problem, I can not import save data into Mass Effect 2. The question is whether it might be related to the fact that Mass Effect 1 I bought on EU pss and Mass Effect 2 on the US pss?

Message 119 of 129 (1,329 Views)

★★★ Newbie

thank you so much i was reading through other threads and gave up on it for about a week, i almost gave up on the game in general, but i decided to look one more time and this worked, i cant thank you enough!

Message 120 of 129 (1,179 Views)