Importing ME1 Character into ME2 Through Origin

by aqualex

Original Post

Importing ME1 Character into ME2 Through Origin

★★★ Novice

I bought the ME 3 pack on origin (digital download) and I just finished ME1 including the final dialogue.

I opened ME2 and I tried to import my character through "new game". It didn't work. After some searching online, it seems I need to open the config utility. Unfortunately, when I open through Origin, it just jumps straight to the game, no config utility. I tried copying my ME1 save files into Mass Effect 2/Save/ME1 (had to create these folders) and it didn't work. Honestly, I don't even know where ME is installed on my computer. I'm trying to find it, but I can't.

Please help me import my character into ME2. Thanks so much!

Message 1 of 5 (56,608 Views)

Re: Importing ME1 Character into ME2 Through Origin

Hero
Message 2 of 5 (56,496 Views)

★★★ Novice

This solution has now made Mass Effect 2 unable to start. I've searched the forums. Nothing helps. This is terrible. I want a refund.

Message 3 of 5 (56,486 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@aqualex wrote:

This solution has now made Mass Effect 2 unable to start. I've searched the forums. Nothing helps. This is terrible. I want a refund.

There's nothing anyone here on the AHQ can do for you.  This is for "player-to-player" technical self-help.

For official game support, (including anything to do with your account, like a refund) you need the EA Game Advisors at: http://help.ea.com/contact-us.

(Oh, and as for your original issue, looking in the ME2 forums probably would have been a better way to find a solution...)

Message 4 of 5 (56,484 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

@Fred_vdp wrote:

There's a sticky thread in the Mass Effect 2 forum: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Mass-Effect-2/PC-Importing-a-save-file-from-Mass-Effect-1/td-p/751184/jump-...

That worked perfectly fine for me.  Thanks for the link!

Message 5 of 5 (46,179 Views)