Help us improve Answer HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks
Ask. Answer. Be the Hero.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Keeper
aqualex

Importing ME1 Character into ME2 Through Origin

I bought the ME 3 pack on origin (digital download) and I just finished ME1 including the final dialogue.

I opened ME2 and I tried to import my character through "new game". It didn't work. After some searching online, it seems I need to open the config utility. Unfortunately, when I open through Origin, it just jumps straight to the game, no config utility. I tried copying my ME1 save files into Mass Effect 2/Save/ME1 (had to create these folders) and it didn't work. Honestly, I don't even know where ME is installed on my computer. I'm trying to find it, but I can't.

Please help me import my character into ME2. Thanks so much!

Fred_vdp
Topics: 17
XP: 447
Solutions: 208

Re: Importing ME1 Character into ME2 Through Origin

Keeper
aqualex

This solution has now made Mass Effect 2 unable to start. I've searched the forums. Nothing helps. This is terrible. I want a refund.

Topics: 32
XP: 515
Solutions: 393

aqualex wrote:

This solution has now made Mass Effect 2 unable to start. I've searched the forums. Nothing helps. This is terrible. I want a refund.

There's nothing anyone here on the AHQ can do for you.  This is for "player-to-player" technical self-help.

For official game support, (including anything to do with your account, like a refund) you need the EA Game Advisors at: http://help.ea.com/contact-us.

(Oh, and as for your original issue, looking in the ME2 forums probably would have been a better way to find a solution...)

--Thandal
===================================================================
If you want to answer someone's question, click on the "Reply" button.
If you appreciated someone's post, reward them by clicking on the "XP" button.
If someone's post solved your problem, tell others! Click the "Accept as Solution" button.

And remember: "It's just a game." So play nice.
===================================================================