★ Novice
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Confusedmileyfrustrated:

When I try to import my save from Mass effect 1 to mass effect 2 it says error and there is no save what do I do?

Message 1 of 16 (6,408 Views)

Re: How to Import mass effect 1 saves to mass effect 2 on PC

★★ Guide

You'll have to run the Mass Effect 2 Config file from the Mass Effect 2 Folder and set the location for the mass effect 1 saves.

Message 2 of 16 (6,406 Views)

★ Novice

How do i do that? i really dont mess with the config's cause i dont want to f*ck it up but tell me how

Message 3 of 16 (6,404 Views)

Hero

@xxsoulcaliber wrote:

How do i do that? i really dont mess with the config's cause i dont want to f*ck it up but tell me how

This is something everyone has to do in order to be able to import.

When you start up the game you should get a splash screen, unless you're launching it through Origin. Click the configuration button and go to the saved games tab to manually locate your saves folder (Documents - BioWare - Mas Effect - Save).

If you don't see the splash screen, manually locate the config utility under Binaries in the installation folder.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 4 of 16 (6,391 Views)

★ Novice

Still i dont know what to friggin do i ont know shat about origin or any config files

Message 5 of 16 (6,386 Views)

Hero

As I said, the config utility is in the Binaries folder under the installation folder. If you use Origin, I think it's Program Files - Origin Games - Mass Effect - Binaries.

Message 6 of 16 (6,378 Views)

★ Novice

i put the save in the binaries and it does not show it on mass effect 2

Message 7 of 16 (6,373 Views)

Hero

You don't have to put your saves in Binaries.

In the Binaries folder, there is a program called MassEffect2Config. Open that.

In the config utility, on the left, there should be a 'Save Games' button. Click that.

Then you see a button that says 'Copy Mass Effect 1 Save Games'. Click that.

Then, in the browse screen, locate the saves folder, which should be under Documents - BioWare - Mass Effect - Save. Click OK.

Now close the config utility and start Mass Effect 2.

Message 8 of 16 (6,358 Views)

★★ Novice

I hate to tell you this, but doing this screws me up  bad.  The game now synchs and does nothing when I try to start, and I have to uninstall then reinstall me2 to get functionality back, even after updating the game through Origin.  I tried updating before and after reinstalling, but nothing works.  Have to conclude that the game simply does not work as advertised, so I'm mighty upset.  Even if this worked I'd be angry because I shouldn't have go through all this crap of locating my saves in the first place. I don't think not wanting to go over budget is any excuse for this shoddy work.

Message 9 of 16 (5,441 Views)

★★ Novice

Just downloaded patch manually, but it just creates another problem to prevent the game starting.  All this and they couldn't be bothered with controller support either?

I'll try applying the patch after another clean install.  At this rate it looks like playing the game will take less time than getting it to run.

Message 10 of 16 (5,440 Views)