Re: How do I import my Mass Effect 1 character into Mass Effect 2, and 3?

by bunnyfunnys

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

Whenever I go into the Program Files (x86) and open the config utility, the config opens but there is no option to choose the games save files. It is titled the Bioware config utility and not the Mass Effect 2 config utility. Any clue as to why this is the case?

Message 31 of 44 (2,820 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

*THIS WORKED FOR ME*  Thanks so much for the simplified solution with the necessary steps. 

\rant  Thank you for the help, EA's customer service over the phone was complete **bleep**. Confusedmileymad: Talking to an Indian guy (No offense) who obviously has no fricken clue what we are doing. When I contacted them again I go ahold of someone else they asked me the same questions. For a Company who is desperately trying to re-shape their image, they still have mountains to climb over. When i had a problem with DOTA 2 I emailed customer support at steam and they e-mailed me back in 1 hour saying that the solution had been resolved in a patch. (I was at work.) For a problem that so many people have you think they would resolve this matter in a simpler manner instead of letting the community figure it out.   /rant

as a side note for any others: I had to re-install 2 times to get it to work, to do this without the game taking hours just delete the MassEffect2.exe application. Origin will detect that its gone and re-install only that file. it takes a few seconds.

Message 32 of 44 (2,808 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I just wanted you to know, even after all these years, that you managed to spoil Mass Effect 2 for me. Thank you very much.

There always might be the possibility of you just being an **bleep**, but I'm assuming you're just really stupid, so next time: FOR THE LOVE OF GOD: Answer the **bleep** question and do not give any extra information like, oh I don't know, THE ENDING OF THE GAME HE'S LOOKING TO START PLAYING!

**bleep** IDIOT.

Message 33 of 44 (2,389 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I finish the whole story of ME still can't import the character in to ME 2

Message 34 of 44 (2,218 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I can't find it is it because I play the in origin and when i try the way you say it the game just won't start up

Message 35 of 44 (2,218 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Haha this was the most simple answer but out of several forums and multiple pages of answers, this was the only post that I needed to see haha. Thank you very much!

Message 36 of 44 (1,876 Views)

★★★ Newbie

me 2

Message 37 of 44 (1,870 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Please help me I am on the configuration utility tool selecting the folder where my me1 saves are hitting ok then nothing happens

Message 38 of 44 (1,593 Views)

★★★ Newbie

After I click ok and go back onto the game it still cant find my saves please help

Message 39 of 44 (1,588 Views)

★★★ Newbie

after I hit ok and go on the game it still says I haven't transferred save files

Message 40 of 44 (1,588 Views)