Re: Graphics on ME1

by charliecordes

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Graphics on ME1

★★★★ Novice

Hello Answer HQ,

Two days ago I tried to Mod the game by loading a mod that would improve the look of the game.

I launched ME1 and once in the game proper the image kept flickering.   The game is working and I

can move the Shepard no problem.  It is just the image flickering.  I removed the mod and set

the game back to what it was before.  I started the game and same problem.  The quality keeps

flickering between a sharp image and a low quality image.   Thank you.

Message 1 of 8 (773 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

This is what I found on the Answer HQ.   I hope they do not mind me sharing their post here?

Keeper

Re: Mass Effect 1 (PC) Flickering Issues

Try turning off all antialiasing in your graphic card's control panel. I've just had the same issue but doing that has fixed it. AA was never coded into Unreal 3 so seems having it enabled by default on your card glitches it out.

My gaming PC uses a Nvidia GeForce GTX570.   I went through the Control Panel and clicked on the NVIDA Control Panel.  There is no antilaising setting on this NVIDA Control Panel.  This is what I did.  Under select a task and then 3D settings I clicked on 'Adjust image settings with preview.'   I selected 'Let the 3D application decide.'   I switched everything off then back on.  Started up ME 1 and no more flickering.   With different cards there maybe different settings. 

I hope this helped?

View in thread

Message 7 of 8 (759 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Novice

OK.  I did a lot of reading on the Answer HQ page.

I found the solution and applied.  ME 1 running good.

Message 2 of 8 (768 Views)

Hero

@Hadrian272 wrote:

OK.  I did a lot of reading on the Answer HQ page.

I found the solution and applied.  ME 1 running good.

@Hadrian272Could you please specify where you found the solution? This is just in case someone googles the issue and lands on this thread, which I imagine could be quite frustrating (and these things happen a lot). Standard smile

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 3 of 8 (763 Views)

★ Novice

Seriously though, how did you fix it? I can't find anything!

You should really post a link or something, not just go "Hey I fixed it!" without any context.

Message 4 of 8 (753 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Hadrian272 Since you didn't describe or link to a solution, I'm unmarking this thread as solved.

Message 5 of 8 (728 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi guys,

Apologies for not giving more information about the fix.

I will have a look at what I did and write again about what I found

and what I did.  Just hang on

Message 6 of 8 (705 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

This is what I found on the Answer HQ.   I hope they do not mind me sharing their post here?

Keeper

Re: Mass Effect 1 (PC) Flickering Issues

Try turning off all antialiasing in your graphic card's control panel. I've just had the same issue but doing that has fixed it. AA was never coded into Unreal 3 so seems having it enabled by default on your card glitches it out.

My gaming PC uses a Nvidia GeForce GTX570.   I went through the Control Panel and clicked on the NVIDA Control Panel.  There is no antilaising setting on this NVIDA Control Panel.  This is what I did.  Under select a task and then 3D settings I clicked on 'Adjust image settings with preview.'   I selected 'Let the 3D application decide.'   I switched everything off then back on.  Started up ME 1 and no more flickering.   With different cards there maybe different settings. 

I hope this helped?

Message 7 of 8 (760 Views)

Hero

Thanks for the update!

I went ahead and accepted your post as the solution.

Message 8 of 8 (687 Views)