Game is installed, can't launch it.

by radekbonk4ever

Original Post

Game is installed, can't launch it.

★★★ Newbie

I just recently acquired the Mass effect 1 and 2 bundle on steam. It appears that I cannot run Mass Effect 1, even after following the recommendations from a tech support via phone. 

The game is installed, there is no crash. When I launch the game via steam, there's a brief loading then nothing happens. When I go through the steam folder, I can access the launching menu, but the result stays the same.

It isn't an hardware problem as I have just updated all the drivers and have been confirmed my computer is plenty good for running this game.

Any info would be appreciated, thank you

Message 1 of 3 (479 Views)

Re: Game is installed, can't launch it.

★★★ Newbie

Me too and I am not going to wait too long or I might not be able to refund it back to steam.

Message 2 of 3 (467 Views)

Re: Game is installed, can't launch it.

★★★★ Novice

same problem here., are you guys having the same issue with ME2? I have not bothered trying it yet as I won't play them out of order. I verified the cache integrity and my system is way over the min specs..so..going also with what you have tried, I am at a loss.

You spoke with a STEAM CS or EA? I also am going to have to act quickly, have to resolve or return by tomorrow night.

Please let me know if you guys get any more information and I will do the same. I just bought it so I have a little time but...it will go by fast.

Message 3 of 3 (412 Views)