Game crashes when landing on any planet needed for Hackett's missions

by Annalizabet

Original Post

Game crashes when landing on any planet needed for Hackett's missions

★★ Novice

Every time I try to land on a planet necessary to complete a mission given to me by Admiral Hackett--Luna for the rogue VI mission, Presrop for the Major Kyle mission, Agebinium for the espionage probe--the game crashes halfway through the loading screen, giving me a pageful of "General Protection Fault" error text with something about "filename not found." It seems like a lot of files must be missing or corrupted, but when I tried to repair/reinstall the game through the Origin client, nothing improved. It doesn't happen with all planets that I try to land on, and thankfully I've been able to get to all of them necessary for the main storyline so far, but I have noticed the pattern that it always seems to be quests involving Hackett and the Alliance that I can't complete. 

Is there anyone who's had this problem and managed to fix it? I've searched for solutions and tried every one that I can find, but it hasn't helped even a little. Do I just need to delete the game entirely and reinstall from scratch? Will even that not be enough?

Message 1 of 2 (1,061 Views)

Re: Game crashes when landing on any planet needed for Hackett's missions

Community Manager

Hey, we're looking into this issue over on this thread: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Mass-Effect-1/Game-crashes-when-I-go-to-Sparta/m-p/4507778#U4507778

I don't think a reinstall will help, as others in that thread tried it. 

In the thread I'll be asking for some saves from those affected, I'd like to see if it's in any way progression-related. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 2 (981 Views)