Re: Game Won't Start Up

by Shiftshapes

Original Post

Game Won't Start Up

★★★ Newbie

Okay, so this has been majorly pissing me off. I bought the Mass Effect trilogy to get into RPGs because I'd been hearing good things about them, especially BioWare's RPGs. So it arrived yesterday and I installed them to Origin, it takes a while for ME1 to install but finally after four hours (yes, four hours) it's ready to play. Now, at this point I'm excited; I've been anticipating this for days and I ramped up the hype with YouTube videos, reviews, you name it. 

I hover over ME1, press play. "Syncing Cloud Data", it says: holds on 5%, moves straight up to 100%, holds for a moment, stops. My cursor does the loading icon, so I assume it's starting up. After a few moments of switching between the cursor being normal and the loading icon, it goes back to normal. I wait for anything to happen. At this point, there's a dread feeling in my gut; these events are all too similar to when I first got The Sims 3 (it took three days for me to fix S3 and then I didn't even like it a whole lot). Nothing happens. I'm trying to keep my cool, but I'm pretty angry. "Oh, you're loading up, are you? THEN F%&KING ACT LIKE IT."

This is what I've tried:

>> Trying to start the game all the normal ways.

>> Uninstalling and reinstalling Origin.

>> Setting it to offline mode.

>> Turning off Origin in-game.

>> Making a Classic EA account and setting it to default.

>> Scouring the internet for answers.

Please, please help. This is my last resort.

Message 1 of 3 (318 Views)

Hero

@aswertyuiol wrote:

>> Scouring the internet for answers.

Did you find this thread? http://answers.ea.com/t5/Mass-Effect-1/PC-Mass-Effect-Won-t-Start-A-New-Solution/td-p/1435666

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 3 (313 Views)

Message 3 of 3 (250 Views)