Do you still need to apply the v.102 patch?

by FCormacB

Original Post

Do you still need to apply the v.102 patch?

★★★ Novice

Do you still need to apply the v.102 patch to a new download of Mass Effect 1 from Origin?

I only ask because in the MassEffectConfig.exe it shows the following after a new download:

• MassEffect.exe = v1.02
  • MassEffectLauncher.exe = [blank]
  • MassEffectConfig.exe = v1.02
  • Uninstall Mass Effect.exe = v1.03
  • Product Keys: Mass Effect, Pinnacle Station

I want to make sure I'm installing the game properly and applying the patch only if I need to so I don't screw anything up.

Message 1 of 3 (308 Views)

Re: Do you still need to apply the v.102 patch?

Community Manager

@FCormacB

Just go to the Origin menu, Application Settings, select Automatically keep my games up to date. Exit Origin, restart it and let it update what it wants.

barry.png
Message 2 of 3 (296 Views)

Re: Do you still need to apply the v.102 patch?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Thanks for the reply, EA_Barry. I appreciate the help.

I already have automatic updates selected.

I was asking about what the version of Mass Effect 1 (non-Trilogy version) is when you download it from the Origin Client.

If you look through the Mass Effect 1 forum you should notice that there are discussions and links pointing to a v1.02 installer, that v1.02 has to be installed manually, that the Origin client apparently doesn't keep this game up to date, including the matter of the Bring Down the Sky DLC.

So, to rephrase the question, what version is Mass Effect 1 once you download it?

Also, I've noticed that when using the BDtS installer it seems to install v1.02. So, would applying the v1.02 patch installer first interfere with the BDtS installer afterwards?

I'm just trying to get my copy of Mass Effect 1 up to date with the latest version and both DLC.

Regards,

Cormac

Message 3 of 3 (291 Views)