Betreff: Do DLC's on Xbox Apply to All Accounts?

by Mistermovieman

Original Post

Do DLC's on Xbox Apply to All Accounts?

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I'm playing Mass Effect on Xbox One with EA Access. If I buy Bring Down the Sky and Pinnacle Station, will they work for all the accounts on my home Xbox? Does it matter which account I buy them on, as well?

Message 1 of 11 (3,674 Views)

@Mistermovieman

I don't have much knowledge about the xbox, I will tag @EA_Archito this thread. 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 2 of 11 (3,662 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Thanks.

Message 3 of 11 (3,655 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

So what's the status?

Message 4 of 11 (3,606 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Mistermovieman

Sorry for the late answer.

Archi did some inquires, but couldn't come up with a definitive answer.

Account business is still quite complicate.

So, under reservation, it should work, but I can't give you a guarantee. 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 5 of 11 (3,586 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Thanks. I don't know if I want to risk it. Does anyone who played Mass Effect on the Xbox One and bought the DLC's know the answer?

Message 6 of 11 (3,582 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I just looked at the DLCs's from the store, and they say "Install on your Home Xbox One Console plus have access when you're connected to your Microsoft account." It says this for all the games I've installed, and they are available to both accounts. So, does this confirm that they're for all accounts?

Message 7 of 11 (3,574 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@Mistermovieman wrote:

I just looked at the DLCs's from the store, and they say "Install on your Home Xbox One Console plus have access when you're connected to your Microsoft account." It says this for all the games I've installed, and they are available to both accounts. So, does this confirm that they're for all accounts?

I've just tested this with Mass Effect 1 & Mass Effect 2 - I signed into an account that owns nothing (though my main xbox account remained signed in also which MAY be important from what I've read).

I only own Bring Down The Sky for ME1 on Xbox but it was available on the clean account.

For ME2 I had to play through the intro missions until I got access to the Normandy but once I got there all the DLC was available - weapons, armor, Zaeed, Kasumi, Normandy Crash Site etc. (Shadow Broker and Arrival aren't unlocked until mid game but they would work the same way so should be available also).

From what I had read, you can play all the DLC on any account on the Xbox provided the gamertag that owns the DLC is also signed in - I don't KNOW if that is the case but as I said I left my main gamertag signed in also while playing on the clean gamertag. Also when asked to log in to an EA account when ME2 starts I just declined that so you don't need to sign in there.

I realise you didn't ask about ME2 but I was curious myself at that point how it would work as ME2 and ME3 DLC ties to a BioWare/EA account. But it worked fine.

Message 8 of 11 (3,565 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@Kenny32673 wrote:

@Mistermovieman wrote:

I've just tested this with Mass Effect 1 & Mass Effect 2 - I signed into an account that owns nothing (though my main xbox account remained signed in also which MAY be important from what I've read).

I only own Bring Down The Sky for ME1 on Xbox but it was available on the clean account.

For ME2 I had to play through the intro missions until I got access to the Normandy but once I got there all the DLC was available - weapons, armor, Zaeed, Kasumi, Normandy Crash Site etc. (Shadow Broker and Arrival aren't unlocked until mid game but they would work the same way so should be available also).

From what I had read, you can play all the DLC on any account on the Xbox provided the gamertag that owns the DLC is also signed in - I don't KNOW if that is the case but as I said I left my main gamertag signed in also while playing on the clean gamertag. Also when asked to log in to an EA account when ME2 starts I just declined that so you don't need to sign in there.

I realise you didn't ask about ME2 but I was curious myself at that point how it would work as ME2 and ME3 DLC ties to a BioWare/EA account. But it worked fine.

I've had issues with Mass Effect 2's DLC's before. I seemed that we had to install the Cerberus Network DLC's separately on both accounts. It worked fine for one of them, but for the other one, it gave me an error message saying I was not "authorized to do this" or something like that. When I called Xbox customer support, the guy said it was because of "age restrictions" set up by EA, sicne my account was not 17 years old. I was pretty mad about this, but then the next day, for some reason, the Cerberus Network DLC's were already installed on my account! They've worked ever since, but this was super weird.

In regards to Mass Effect 1, though, you said your main Xbox account was also signed in. I've never heard of anything like that, signing in with two accounts at once.. My Xbox One is set up as the home Xbox, so everyone's account should be able to share content., if that's what you mean. When we install a game on one account, it's available for both.

Message 9 of 11 (3,556 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@Mistermovieman wrote:

In regards to Mass Effect 1, though, you said your main Xbox account was also signed in. I've never heard of anything like that, signing in with two accounts at once.. My Xbox One is set up as the home Xbox, so everyone's account should be able to share content., if that's what you mean. When we install a game on one account, it's available for both.

Yes my Xbox One is set as the home xbox on my main account (the account that owns all the content) also. But what I mean is you can have both accounts "signed in" and just switch to the one you wish to use (similar to how you can just switch between multiple signed in users in Windows).

Whether that is required to have the account that owns the content signed in at the same time I'm not 100% - I tested it that way because it's what I had read on a few forums including here: https://forums.xbox.com/en-US/thread/47E9E9AD-7CFC-4E53-907D-64C70495D268

So yes you can share access to the DLCs for sure.

Message 10 of 11 (3,549 Views)