Re: Can't finish end of game due to it freezing

by Tally2015

Original Post

Can't finish end of game due to it freezing

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I'm playing on PS3 with a disc. I'm up to the bit where Saren kills himself (on my choices) and then is revived as Sovereign (or something!). 

The following happens during my fight with the 'revived' Saren:

The game is stuttering, slowing down and eventually freezing, forcing me to turn off my console.

Restarting the game just repeats the above result.

This is the first time I've had this problem in the game.

I'd hate for this game to be unfinished (at this late stage!) because it always freezes.

How do I complete the game now?

Message 1 of 5 (307 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Where is the help?

Where is the fix?

I 'completed' the fight by running around the perimeter of the arena...that's it.

I got the cut-scene for Saren's death.

Then after that I got a black screen.

Had to reboot.

For the love of God, can I can get some help here?

This is a never ending cycle of reloading and freezing/black screen of death at the end of fight cut scene.

Edit in:

Now even the first cut scene in the final fight with Saren has frozen...yet another reboot.

Message 2 of 5 (295 Views)

★★ Novice

The following is NOT a solution...I STILL got the big freeze:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Mass-Effect-1/PS3-Mass-Effect-competely-freezes-end-of-game/td-p/398364

It was posted on:

‎01-23-2013 08:01 PM

Almost TWO years ago...and EA has STILL not fixed this? They are as bad as Ubisoft!

Unbeilevable.

Money grubbing shonky game producers.

Message 3 of 5 (286 Views)

Hero

This forum is community driven. If this were on PC, maybe someone here could manage a fix. PS3 is a closed platform, though. There's not much your fellow players can help you with.

If you haven't already, install the game to your hard drive.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 4 of 5 (280 Views)

★★ Novice

I was under the impression that the devs could fix this issue which owners of the game could download via a notification to do so prior to the game loading. Would that be right?

It doesn't seem that difficult to do.

Is this just a PS3 issue?

By the looks of it, the devs are happy to have released a broken game...they got their money and if the purchaser is stuck at 99% completion for the game, then tough.

Does installing the game to hard drive fix the problem? You can do that from the PS3 disc?

When I opened my account for this game I tried posting in the story/characters forum here but was unable to do so. What's the story there?

It seems I get shunted from Bioware to EA (for your reply) to Origin for log ins for some reason. What the Hell is going on here? Weird.

Message 5 of 5 (272 Views)