Bring Down the Sky Installation

by Hobbes1815

Original Post

Bring Down the Sky Installation

★ Novice

I have Mass Effect 1 on my Windows 7 Computer, but I bought it before I had Origin or Steam and thus am not running it through those clients. I'm trying to download the Bring Down the Sky DLC and all the solutions I have found are either Origin-specific or out of date - I tried to set it up with a CD Key found online and have been unable to make it work. I then tried the new installer here which says it doesn't require a CD key, and the installer runs fine but then when I try to run Mass Effect these popouts appear (seen in ragnorok013's post on this page) and the game won't even start anymore. I also tried the older installation that required a CD key but every key I tried was either used too many times or else it said the validation database was no longer running or something along those lines. I'd really like to be able to get this DLC working so I would appreciate anybody with a more recent experience to give me some help here.

Thanks! 

Message 1 of 2 (358 Views)

Re: Bring Down the Sky Installation

★ Novice

Never mind - I'm still not sure how I solved it honestly but I managed to get it to work (possibly by removing the replaced MassEffect.exe file with my original one from before using the installer?). Glad to get the problem fixed. 

Message 2 of 2 (356 Views)