Re: Bioware Points and the Mass Effect DLC

by jacek13n

Original Post

Bioware Points and the Mass Effect DLC

★★★ Novice

I will keep spamming this forum until i get a satisfied answer.

What is the purpose of offering DLC total worth of 55 euro's (in bioware points) for a game that is in the bundle of ME 1 to 3 only 19,99 euro?

This is a bad joke and playing the customers for being dumb or something.

Message 1 of 7 (560 Views)

Hero

Which DLC are you talking about? Because as far as I'm aware, there is no DLC for sale that is included in a game bundle.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 7 (547 Views)

★★★ Novice

Then you do not get my point. So I will desribe it in other words.

The Mass Effect 1, 2 and 3 original games frequently are on sale but the DLC is not. By now the original games are also discounted in price permenantly that they are cheaper as the DLC. When there is no sale you can get the ME 1,2 and 3 together for around 35 euro, DLC combined together 55 euro. ME 1,2 and 3 together on sale 20 euro and DLC 55 euro. 

the only argument i get from Origin that they understand my point but cannot do anything because they do not make the policies for the bioware points but still last time I checked the annual report of EA is that bioware is part of the chain in form of a subsidiary. So I repeat my statement do they take the customer for being stupid?

Message 3 of 7 (510 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

No sense complaining about it here. This is a user-to-user help forum. EA's decision makers don't post here. Customer support agents also have no say in this.

If you believe a product costs more than what it's worth, then simply don't buy it.

BioWare recently stated that they're using real money for DLC purchases of future games, starting with the new Dragon Age. I believe this may result in price reductions over time.

Message 4 of 7 (507 Views)

★★★ Novice

If you believe a product costs more than what it's worth, then simply don't buy it. Again reading this I suppose you do not get my point. I know exactly what I think is worth buying or not. That has nothing to do with this.

This is about odd pricing behavior that so far only is answered with dumb reactions from EA customer service. A customer is taken for being a stupid person if you tell him that origin is not involved in the pricing of Bioware products while by now if you want to buy bioware stuff or have questions all is redirected through origins. I will repeat again you also make a stupid figure out of yourself if you occassionally put ME trilogy on sale for 19,99 and DLC together of the trilogy is 55 euro.

That bioware points are a black hole in the service of origins does not mean I cannot complain about it. "BioWare recently stated that they're using real money for DLC purchases of future games, starting with the new Dragon Age. I believe this may result in price reductions over time." first time i hear about this, Customer support could have told this as well. Instead of acting they do not know what they publish/sell in their own store. 

Message 5 of 7 (492 Views)

Hero

I'm not saying you can't complain about it, but this forum is definitely the wrong place. We are not customer support, we are not EA, and we definitely can't do anything about it. If you want to talk to EA, contact customer support or send them a tweet.

Message 6 of 7 (488 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
im with you man, ea made this stupid ahq platform for users to answer other users?
this is bullsheet
and the bioware points issue is not resolved yet, not even f ea "advisors" know anything about it
im planning to stop using origin/ea games for good
Message 7 of 7 (471 Views)